- For other places with the same name, see Dundalk (disambiguation).
Dundalk is the largest town in Ireland. Its a bustling town midway between Dublin and Belfast.
Dundalk is the Dublin - Belfast railway line, with service provided throughout the day by the cross-border Enterprise and local Commuter trains.
Bus Éireann (from Dublin Busaras), Matthews Bus (from Parnell Street at O'Connell Street in Dublin) and Aircoach (from Dublin Airport) all serve Dundalk. Fares are around €7 single and €12 return.
Dundalk is a rather compact town and walking is probably the best way around
There is plently of good taxi services running in the town for example Sevens cabs
(042 93 77777)
- Dundalk has a very long and proud football history with Dundalk F.C..
- The town has a wide range of sports facilities including the JJB Soccer Dome, the Ice Dome, the Sportsbowl and the newly refurbished Horse and Greyhound racing tracks which are a magnificent addition to the town's look!
- Lisdoo, Armagh Road
- Malthouse, Dublin Road
- The Europa,Earl Street
- Kingfishers, Park Street.
- Spirit Store, The Quay
- Oscars, Park Street
- Bartender, Park Street
- The Phoenix, Park Street
- Ivy House, Blackrock, Dundalk (Exit M1 at junction 16, follow road signs for Dundalk. Take Right turn after crowne plaza, another right and follow the coast road for 5 minutes. We are on the right as you enter Blackrock Main Street), ☎ 0861950823, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 11:00. Ivy House is a beautiful period Georgian townhouse set right on the Beachfront in Blackrock, Dundalk. The superb views overlooking Dundalk Bay and the Irish Sea, as well as the Cooley and Mourne mountains make Ivy House a wonderful place to stay. A short stroll will take you to many shops, restaurants, award winning pubs and boutiques, as well as the sandy beaches and amusement arcades that will keep the whole family entertained. Dundalk town centre is just a few minutes away also, with its various shopping centres, pedestrian streets and tourist sights it's sure to keep you captivated for hours on end. Dundalk is also famous in the area for it's vibrant nightlife and famous all over Ireland for its fantastic leisure attractions which can all be booked from reception in Ivy House. On the M1: leave at junction 16, follow the roadsigns for Dundalk. When you pass the Crowne Plaza take the first right, take another right and follow the coast road for approximately 5 minutes. We are the tall three story building on the right as you enter Blackrock Main Street. The car park is just beside us and is free of charge. From €10 per person sharing. (Private double bedroom with ensuite). (54.000000,-6.416667)