DulanTaitung County : Dulan
Take public buses 8101, 8102, 8103, 8109, 8119 or 8120 (NT58), or the East Coast Line tour bus (NT82) from outside Taitung Train Station - ask the driver to drop you in Dulan, it is about a 30 minute ride.
The taxis are located on the left side as you exit the train station, the busses are located on the right side as you exit the Train station. For the busses walk straight along the metal fence, and then turn right, you see a road joining the parking lot you are on, thats where the busses arrive, you will see 3 big boards with bustables, these are the tourist busses, they stop their service earlier, then the normal busses, which is a tiny sign located on the other side of the street, it is just a metal pole in a car tire filled up with cement, That's the bus stop with times for the Public busses
Take any bus bound for Taitung and ask to be dropped in Dulan. It takes about 3.5 Hours but it's a nice and comfortable ride
- Motorbike rentals are available in Dulan (NT500/day), but the supply is limited - maybe better to rent from outside Taitung Train Station.
- The East Coast Line tour bus passes through town roughly hourly in each direction.
- There is a rental page called taitung rentals which has foreign friendly services , bikes with surf rack and electric motorbikes for people without licence
- Dulan Sugar Factory, 61 Dulan Village (South side of the village on Hwy 11). This abandoned sugar factory houses a prominent artist community. It is a fantastic place to see the works and studio space of the local and sometimes not so local artists. Weekends often have music performances on the stage. edit
- Dulan Site, One block north of the 7-11 follow the road and the signs up about 2km.. Archaeological site, two really, containing stonework. edit
- Surf, There are plenty of spots to surf only a short drive away, if you have your own transport (a car roughly 1600NTD per day from the city) it's worth it to go on an adventure exloring other spots </do>
- Surfing is also possible on Dulan main beach, a black sand beach a short walk from the middle of town. Beach break, perhaps best for beginners unless there is a typhoon swell. Boards can be rented in town
- You can borrow a book from the Free English library  and go relax and read on the beach, or in one of the many cute cafes
- If you are interested in learning new language, maybe some Chinese basics, there is a Free language exchange event every Wednesday at Pooz Pizza, it's its about 10Minutes drive towards the city, if you find it on Facebook you can ask for a ride on the page!
there will of course also be pizza and beers, during the event you can make your own pizza and they have a foosball table too
There are several stores in town selling t-shirts and souvenirs, and some craft shops around the Sugar Factory.
- Marino's Kitchen, No. 436-3 Dulan Village (Hwy 11) (On the North side of town across the bridge.), ☎ 089-531848, 0955561772, . Sat & Sun 11:30am-8:30pm, bread and sauces available all week. Excellent fresh baked bread and homemade sauces all week, Saturday and Sunday fresh pasta meals, including soup/salad, fresh bread and drink. Owned and operated by Dave and Rolly Marino. Lat=22° 52' 42.9" N, Long=121° 13' 61" edit
- There is an excellent Vietnamese restaurant in Dulan, at the end of town just before the bridge, opposite the Police Station. NT80-100, English and Chinese menus.
- Smile All-day Breakfast Shop, Dulan road 111-1 (Across the street from 7-11). 05:00- 20:00. This breakfast shop has Local breakfast available troughout the whole day with cheap lunch and dinner options too, Hamburgers, fries, hashbrowns, chinese pancakakes, fried noodles with different sauces, and a seemlessly endless drinks list menus are available in english too and the owner speaks some english too. 15. edit
- Dulan Fish & Chips (Taitung Tea House). you won't believe this newly opened Fish & Chips Store! everyday fresh ingredients, homemade sauces, Held by a super friendly taiwanese couple with their newborn baby! with options between 2 different batters and 4 sauces, also they make taiwanese desserts but all from scratch, so this is a very good place to try those out too! 150. edit
- Dulan Sugar Factory Cafe, 61 Dulan Village. Provides sort of bohemian atmosphere in which to drink beer. edit
- Travel Bug Hostel. The Travel bug is large hostel in Dulan mainstreet, with an open bar, beers & cocktails are available at decent prices! (cocktails from 250TWD, Beers from 100TWD) with a large chill area, outdoor patio, and super friendly staff it's a cool spot to meet other travellers and locals alike! edit
- Highway 11 Craft Beer Bar. Located in the middle of the Dulan Sugar Factory, this might be the most be the bar with the most charm out of anywhere, The Owner makes his own beers and on the weekens there is a local handicrafts market in front of their premises! with live music on the weekends and a big firepit, expats, locals, and travellers all come together! 150. edit
- Dulan Cottage, No. 440 Dulan Village. checkin: anytime; checkout: noon. Offers two double rooms. Kitchen, DVD, book exchange. NT 300 per person. edit
- Wa Ga Li Gong, Highway 11, No. 89, . Hostel run by two South African guys. Great food, beer, and accommodation (private rooms and shared.) edit
- Tangerine House Hostel (橘子舍背包客棧), Behind 7-11 (When you arrive at 7 Look down the street you will see and orange Building), ☎ 0963 685 212. This locally owned hostel offers budget accommodation, Motorbike rental (bring your international license) The owner of this hostel is super friendly and even he doesn't speak any english will take wonderful care of you during your stay, common dinners and drinks at night are not uncommon! edit
- Surf House Taiwan, ☎ 0970133306, . Surf trips packages, packages include Accomodation in Airconditioned Private room in the center of Dulan, use of foamboards, Everyday transport to the best waves suited to your level, Breakfast, All day coffee and Tea, pickup&dropoff from and to Taitung City, and a full range of boards available for rent too! the perfect place if you want to stay for a while longer and get to the surf and want some privacy (not a hostel! max 6p), ac rooms, 2 living rooms and open rooftop (longterm deals available) 420Euro 7d/6n. edit