Doi Tung  is a mountain in the northern part of Chiang Rai Province, at the northernmost tip of Thailand.
- Wat Phra That Doi Tung. Dating to the 10th century, this temple has a stupa reputed to contain the Buddha's collarbone, making it a major site of pilgrimage. Located atop Doi Tung itself at an altitude of nearly 2000 meters, it probably has the most fantastic view of all temples in Thailand.
- Doi Tung Royal Villa - final residence of the Princess Mother (mother of King Bhumibol), located at kilometre 12 on highway 1149, to the west of highway 1. This magnificent villa was built on the mountain overlooking the surrounding hills and valleys in a unique mix of Swiss and Lanna architectural styles.
- Adjacent to the villa is the Mae Fah Luang Garden, a large beautiful flower-filled garden, and a memorial hall commemorating the Princess Mother.
- There is a good cafe with a stunning view in the Mae Fah Luang Garden
- Ban Ton Nam Doi Tung 31(บ้านพักต้นน้ำ 31) Doi Tung Royal Villa (Tel: 0 5376 7015-7 Fax: 0 5376 7077), 45 rooms: 2,200-2,500 baht