Digha is in Midnapur District of West Bengal.
Digha is perhaps the most popular tourist sopt in West Bengal.
- Mosquito repellent is a must for the visitors.
- Electric Torches or Emergency Lamps will also help in case of temporary power cuts. Power cuts are frequent in summer.
Digha can be reached by bus or by train form Kolkata .
- By bus - There are frequent bus survices to Digha from Dharamtala bus stand of Kolkata and many other parts of West Bengal. It is almost 5 hours journey from Kolkata.
- Very recently (in 2004) train service have started for Digha. There are Daily trains from Shalimar railway station and there are few trains from Howrah too. Sometimes special trains are announced on special occations and holidays. Notice for such trains come on widely circulated newspapers.
There are many cheap rice hotels all over Digha, serving cheap, but good quality Bengali dishes. There are (little expensive) restaurants, where continental food is also available.
- State Youth Hostel at New Digha.
- Hotel Sea Hawk.
- New Digha Beach.
- Talsari Beach.
- Marine Station/Aquarium of Zoological Survey of India.