Desert Hot Springs is a town in Riverside County in the California Desert. Most visitors are here to chill in the desert, and relax at one of the many hotel/spas.
Having a car is definitely the easiest option.
From Los Angeles take the I-10 East, exit Palm Drive, and head north.
From Palm Springs, take either Indian Canyon Drive north, or Gene Autry Trial north, which turns into Palm Drive. Either route will take around 30 minutes.
- The Capri Italian Food and Steakhouse.
- Thai Palm Restaurant, 12106 Palm Dr, ☎ +1-760-288-3934. A decent little Thai restaurant, with a traditional menu accompanied by a not-so-traditional specials menu. Mains $8-15.
Most of the hotels double as spas.
- El Morocco Inn & Spa, . Moroccan inspired 12 room inn with 2 hot minneral pools.
- Hacienda Hot Springs Inn, .
- Living Waters Spa and Condos, . A European-style clothing optional spa. Massage treatments, including couples massage as well as other spa offerings. The hotel was built in 1960 as the Kismet Lodge in typical mid-century modern style. It was fully restored, even the Kismet Lodge neon sign in 2003. The mineral water well produces water and flows to both pools 18 hours a day, 20 gallons per minute. The small pool is always 100 degrees and the larger pool mid to upper 80s. Living Waters Spa is the only clothing-optional mineral water spa in Southern California.
- Miracle Manor Retreat, .
- The Sea Mountain Inn Spa Resort, . A nude swinger resort for couples only.
- The Spring Resort & Spa, .
- Swiss Health Resort, .
- Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa, 67425 Two Bunch Palms Trail, ☎ +1 (760) 329-8791, . This sprawling resort set on 50 acres. Their pools are fed by a 140F natural hot spring, which is cooled and divided into a large 98F pool and a smaller 104F pool. The spa is fantastic, with top-notch masseuses and a host of other offerings. They bill themselves as a retreat, so cell phones are banned in the public areas, and whispering is preferred. Rooms and suites start around $150-200.
|Routes through Desert Hot Springs