Deerfield Beach is a city in Florida.
Deerfield Beach fronts the Atlantic Ocean, and the sea beach is its most popular attraction.
Deerfield Beach is named for the numerous deer that once roamed the area. It is part of the South Florida metropolitan area.
Deerfield Beach has a true tropical climate, with hot, humid summers, and warm, dry winters. The city does experience cold fronts from November through March. However, the average monthly temperature for any month has never been recorded as being under 64.4 °F (January averages 66 °F). Most of the year is warm and humid, and the summers are almost identical to the climate of the Caribbean tropics. In addition, the city gets most of its rain in the summer (wet season) and is relatively dry in winter (dry season). The wet season, which is hot and humid, lasts from May to October, when it gives way to the dry season. The dry season features mild temperatures with some invasions of colder air, which is when the little winter rainfall occurs — with the passing of a front.
The hurricane season largely coincides with the wet season. 69% of the city's annual rainfall occurs during the five month summer period. The hurricane season is between 1 June and 30 November, with major hurricanes most likely to affect Florida in September and October. The most recent storms to directly affect the city were Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma, both of which struck the city in 2005; other direct hits were Hurricane Cleo in 1964, Hurricane King in 1950 and the 1947 Fort Lauderdale Hurricane.
- AMTRAK offers daily train service on the Silver Star and Silver Meteor routes.
- Casa Maya Grill  301 S.E. 15th Terrace (in "The Cove" strip mall; on Hillsboro Boulevard just north of the the Intracoastal Bridge). Mexican with a number of tasty Yucatec Maya specialties like pork or chicken pibil and poc-chuc faujitas. Lunch & Dinner. Tel (954) 570-6101.
- The Cove Restaurant & Lounge ,1754 Se 3rd Ct, +1-954-421-9272, . This legendary happy-hour stop overflows with singles on the make after a day at the office. The Intracoastal locale provides a waterside dock with a view of boat traffic and the Hillsboro bridge. Live music is featured nightly after the two-for-one happy hour ends. Reggae artists perform from 3PM-10PM Sundays. Lunch and dinner menus are complete with fresh local seafood.
- Charm City, 1136 East Hillsboro Boulevard, ☎ (954) 531-0300, . A super popular location amongst locals and visitors alike, Charm City offers delicious, huge burgers that are created by chefs. They start at $5, and include Kobe beef and a vegetarian option, called the Hippie. $.
Deerfield Beach has a number of hotels and motels. The ones closet to the beach tend to cost a bit more, but many are still quite reasonable. Rates are generally lower than in Boca Raton which is just up the beach to the north.
- El Jefe Luchador, 27 South Federal Hwy, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, ☎ (954) 246-5333. Street-style and Mexican wrestling combine at this vibrant restaurant that has awesome food that is tasty, delicious and scrumptious. It is operated by the owner of Charm City, who obviously has good taste.
|Routes through Deerfield Beach