Decatur  is a city in the Cross Timbers region of Texas.
Decatur is on US 287 about thirty minutes northwest of Fort Worth, and on US 380 between Bridgeport and Denton.
- El Castile (Waggoner Mansion), 1005 E. Main St.. A fine example of Victorian masonry architecture, this beautiful limestone mansion was built in 1883 by cattle baron Dan Waggoner. It remains in private hands today, so it can only be viewed from the street.
- Petrified Wood Gas Station, 100 S. US Highway 21 (corner of Business 287 and Hale Ave.). Originally built in 1927 and then whimsically covered in petrified wood in 1935, this old Texaco station looks like something straight out of the Flintstones.
- Wise County Courthouse, 101 N Trinity St (on the town square), ☎ 940 627 5743. This 1895 pink granite structure is one of the state's most beautiful courthouses.
- Wise County Heritage Museum, 1602 S. Trinity St, ☎ 940 627 5586 ([email protected]), . Mon-Sat 10AM-3PM. Housed in what remains of a former junior college built in the early 1890s, this museum has many artifacts from local residents over the ages. Adults $1, children $.50.
The charming old town square of Decatur has many antique shops and other quaint little stores and cafés.
- Catfish O'harlies, 1019 N Highway 287, ☎ 940 626 4595. A great place to try southern breaded catfish.
- Whistle Stop Café, South US 287/Business Loop 81, ☎ 940 627 7785. Home-style breakfast and lunch in the rustic atmosphere of a rock-faced building constructed in 1929.
- Rockine Bar & Grill, 1510 S FM 51, 940 626 8154.
- Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes, 201 West Main Street Decatur, Tx. 76234, ☎ 940-626-4555. Monday-Friday: Lunch 11-2, Dinner: 5-9 Saturday&Sunday 0pen all day 11-9. Excellent retaurant on the square
- Comfort Inn, 1709 SR 287, 940 627 6919.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Decatur, 110 South U.S. Hwy. 287, +1-940-627-4900, . This 74 room hotel has a pool, 24-hour gym, 24-hour business center, and a boardroom for meetings. They offer free hot breakfast and WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel, 703 Main St, 830 796 9400. Relative new and clean.
- Ramada, 1507 Hwy 287 South, 940 627 6262. Pets OK.