Datça is a town in Aegean Turkey, located on a long and narrow peninsula, which forms the boundary between Aegean and Mediterranean Seas.
Datça is located 70-80 km west of Marmaris. The road from Marmaris (road number: D400) is the only way to arrive overland.
Although it’s possible to find direct bus services from main centres of the country, such as Istanbul during summer months; in the rest of the year your best bet is to arrive at Marmaris first, then transfer to another bus bound for Datça there.
There are ferries from Bodrum, arriving at the port on the northern coast of the peninsula. From there, Datça -which is on the southern coast of the peninsula- is a 10-15 minutes drive away.
- Ancient city of Knidos is located on the tip of the peninsula (about 30 km west of Datça, near the village of Yazıköy). Although not impressive as it used to be at ancient times, this city had the famous naked Aphrodite, chipped by Praksiteles of Athens. Long missing (only its pedestal is still on the site), this statue once generated one of the earliest forms of tourism: People from all over Mediterranean world flocked to Knidos with the only intention of seeing it. There are two amphitheatres in Knidos, one of the facing Aegean Sea, while other has a view of Mediterranean proper.
- Palamutbuku. about 20 km west of Datça. The best beach of peninsula. Also there are a lot of cheap hotels, pensions and restaurants. It's easy to arrive here by using buses which departs from town center.
The town (and the peninsula) is famous for its almond trees, and a local dessert made of almond and dried figs is remarkably tasty, so you may consider buying a few packages.
- Cafe Inn, Atatürk Cad. 51, ☎ +90 252 712-94-08. A small cafe with limited but great food options. Beer, wine and limited cocktails such as G&T are available. Outdoor sitting with a superb view of Datca bay. Casual, easy going place with friendly owner working on the premise.
- Iskandil Apart Hotel, Palamutbükü, Datça, ☎ +90-505-822-14-35, . A small family-run hotel close to the beach and the town centre. All air-conditioned guest rooms include self-catering kitchenette, satellite TV, balcony, private bathroom, and free Wi-Fi. €60.
- Otel Mavi Beyaz, Yaka Koyu Palamutbuku 48900 Datca / Mugla / Turkey, ☎ 0090 252 725 5555, . checkin: 01.04.2014; checkout: 31.10.2014. We are a boutique hotel located at Palamutbuku Bay, 20 min away from Datca Peninsula, and we have 26 rooms with its latest additions. According to newspaper The Guardian, we have the most fascinating beach in Turkey. Our restaurant Garavilla is rather famous around the area and provides you the tastes of Aegean and Mediterranean cuisines, as it follows the local historical trend. Furthermore, famous ancient settlement Knidos and art academy UKKSA are only minutes away, waiting to be explored. 89-449.
Telephone code of the town is (+90) 252.