Dambulla is a city in Central province of Sri Lanka.
Buses from Colombo, Kandy, Sigiriya and other places arrive regularly at the Dambulla bus station located 1 km outside of the town on Kandy road.
Dambulla cave temple (Golden Temple), (Entrance on Kandy Road). The main if not the only attraction of the town. Caves are accessible after 10 minutes of stone stairs climbing. These caves contains well conserved statues and paintings. The entrance is 1300 LKR for foreigners. Note that the Cultural Triangle ticket does not include access to the caves, and is valid only for the Dambulla museum. Ticket is checked only right at the entrance of the caves, and if you are not having the proper ticket, you will have to go all the way down to get one. The ticket counter is not very obvious, so ensure you have a proper ticket before starting your climb.
- Kassapa Lions Rock, Digampathana , Kimbissa, Dambulla, Sri Lanka, ☎ + 94 66 5677440, . Kassapa Lions Rock is located at Dambulla, Sri Lanka. Some of the famous trourist spots that you can visit while staying here are Sigiriya Rock, and Minneriya National Park. It offers 31 superior rooms with a veranda that opens to a mini garden, all of which have air-conditioning, satellite TV, and and mini-bar. Fill your senses by dining at their Sakya Bar. It has local and international cocktails and spirits while enjoying the scenery of Sigiriya and Pidurangala Rocks. Best rates on official website start at USD 55.00.
- Amaya Lake, Kap Ela, Kandalama, Dambulla, ☎ +94 66 4461500, +94 66 2286823/5 ([email protected]), . 120 Room Hotel On the shores of enchanting Kandalama Lake, discover a lifestyle defined by tradition and natural splendour. Nestled amid 40 acres of lush forest, Amaya Lake preserves the aura of local historical treasures, creating a feeling of old-world Sri Lankan charm matched with modern luxury. Located in the heart of Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle, the resort is the ideal base for exploring nearby wonders such as the ancient city of Anuradhapura and the Dambulla cave temples. After days filled with exploration, return to rooms that awe and inspire. Unique village-style accommodation allows guests the traditional experience of Sri Lankan village-life, while private lodges, chalets and suites create locally inspired spaces with touches of luxury. At our two scenic dining venues, savour traditional Sri Lankan flavours made fresh with homegrown ingredients. Indulge in treatments at the Ayurvedic Spa, immersing yourself in a full range of natural remedies as old as the hills.
- Heritance Kandalama Hotel, ☎ +94 66 5555000 +94 773043554 ([email protected]), .
- Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa, Madahapola Road, Alipallama, Melsiripura, ☎ (+94) (0) 667 500 500, . Their boutique hotel in Sri Lanka offers rooms equipped with 300 count Egyptian cotton bed-linen, over-sized beds with soft cushions & pillows, mini bar, free internet connection, air conditioner, DVD player, satellite TV, bathroom with hot and cold water. Some of its facilities and services are reception, restaurant, bar, lounge, swimming pool, spa, jacuzzi, 24 hour room service, 24 hour on call doctor, laundry service and free use of internet. Rates start at USD 212.50.
- There are several buses to Colombo from the bus station, it would cost you about 140 LKR in non A/C buses.
- Buses to Kandy are approximately 190LKR (AirCon small bus) or 100LKR by regular bus.
- Dambulla cave temples would take you only an hour or two, so you should be visiting Sigiriya the same day. Bus to Sigiriya can be obtained from the Dambulla bus station.