Earth : Asia : Central Asia : Turkmenistan : Daşoguz
Daşoguz is a city in Northern Turkmenistan.
Dasoguz is a town mainly from Soviet times. It has an airport and serves as a starting point for the visit of Konye Urgench, the capital of one of the most important empires in Central Asia, Khoresm, and as transit point for Urgench and Khiva in Uzbekistan.
Turkmenistan Airlines operates 6 flights per day from Ashgabat and 4 flights per week from Turkmenbashi. The flight from Ashgabat takes about 50 minutes and costs about US$ 12 one way.The airport is 14km south of the city.
There are regular bus services from Ashgabat (12 to 18 hours, US$ 4 to 5 one way) and infreqent services from Turkmenabat (10 hours, US$ 3 to 4). The bus station is in the north of the city, near Bai Bazar. There are regular buses from Konye Urgench (2 hours, US$ 1).
- Dinosaur sculptures in the town center
- Bai Bazaar, colourful market
- Shatugi, Alkaramzi köcesi 6, ☎ 59742. behind Hotel Diyarbekir, Russian food
- Hotel Dashogus, Turkmenbashi sayoli 5. hotel from Soviet times US$ 8-16.
- Hotel Uzboy, Turkmenbasho sayoli 19/1, ☎ 26015. the newest hotel in town US$30-50.
- Hotel Diyarbekir, Turkmenbashi sayoli, ☎ 59037. modern hotel under Turkish management, restaurant with Russian and traditional Turkmen food US$ 40-80.
Turkmenistan Airlines operates 6 flights per day toAshgabat and 4 flights per week toTurkmenbashi. The flight to Ashgabat takes about 50 minutes and costs about US$ 12 one way. The airport is 14km south of the city.
There are regular bus services toAshgabat (12 to 18 hours, US$ 4 to 5 one way) and infreqent services toTurkmenabat (10 hours, US$ 3 to 4). The bus station is in the north of the city, near Bai Bazar. There are regular buses toKonye Urgench (2 hours, US$ 1).
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|