Earth : Europe : Iberia : Spain : Northeastern Spain : Catalonia : Costa Brava
- Blanes — southernmost resort with two botanical gardens
- Calella de Palafrugell - scenic fishing town
- Lloret de Mar - a beach resort with a reputation for its nightlife
- Tossa de Mar — a lovely seaside resort
In the early 2000s many Russians acquired villas around Costa Brava, inflating restaurant prices, and bringing many expensive cars to the region.
Costa Brava's main airport is Girona-Costa Brava airport. Ryanair operate flights to the airport from several destinations in Europe and Morocco all year. Other airlines include Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways and transavia.com (all seasonal). Alternatively, you can fly into Barcelona-El Prat airport. Airport shuttles operate between Girona-Costa Brava airport and the majority of the resort cities, Barcelona and Girona city centre.
If you want to explore a lot of the coastal cities then renting a car is your best option. There is regular bus service between the towns but nothing compares driving along and stopping where you like.
The unknown gem of the Costa Brava is Tossa de Mar. This beautiful little fishing village is one of the least developed on the northern Spanish Mediterranean coast. Tossa is still a fishermen's town, with the quaint very-narrow cobblestoned streets, white houses, and beautiful coastline. Tossa also boasts some very well-preserved medieval ruins -- including walls and towers which protected the town between the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries.
If you like casinos and more luxurious accommodations, go to Lloret de Mar. However, if you prefer the less developed beaches, and don't mind less ostentatious accommodations, Tossa de Mar is for you.
There are scuba diving outings to the "Illes Medes" (Medes Islands) National Reserve Park from L'Estartit. Cadaques also has various dive shops to explore the area.
- International Charter Group & Barcosbarcelona s, l . C/ Lola Anglada nº 1 , Tel: +34 936 759 108
- Ca la Paquita, c/Major 22, Gualta, Girona (a small town close to Estartit (6 km)), ☎ 972-758303 ([email protected]), . . Excelent food created for his chef with the traditional Mediterranean style. Good relation quality-price. Wine tasting menu for €50.
The Rovers Return - A lovely British pub, serves nice food and a lovely pint. Also recommended for late nights as the hosts are excellent company!
- Malgrat de Mar - Railway station by the beach, just south of Blanes
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|