Cordillera Blanca is a region of Peru.
- Chavín de Huanter -- The ruins of Chavín de Huanter are one of the oldest in Peru. They date from 1000 to 400 BC. For more info see. The site is not that impressive. It can be visitted by public transportation or tour (around s/.20). The entrance is s/.11 and there is a 50% discount.
The Cordillera Blanca and its Huascarán National Park offer excellent possibilities for trekking.
- 4~6 hours.
- Get In
- The trail starts at Llupa. There are frequent combis leaving from Huaraz. It's also possible to hire a taxi and start at Pitec.
- From Llupa it's about 1 hour walk to Pitec. From there it's about 2 hours uphill to the laguna. The last part involves a bit of rockclimbing. From the laguna there is a short trail leading to the smaller Laguna Churupita.
- 1~2 days.
- Get In
- The trail starts at a site called Cebollapampa. There is a combi in the morning leaving from Yungay, which is about 1.5 hours from Huaraz. It's also possible to get a shared taxi.
- It's about 3~4 hours from the trailhead to the laguna. The views on the way are excellent.
- 4 days.