Coos Bay is a town on the Southern Oregon Coast.
- Located just a few minutes North of Coos Bay, the Oregon Dunes Recreational Area is a place to ride any kind of off-road vehicle.
- The sand dunes offers a seemingly endless variety of trails and open riding areas that it is virtually impossible to run out of riding options.
Experience and inexperienced riders alike can find a challenge here. From tall looming hills to flat open areas the riding is vast. You can pick a bowl to stick around and play in all day long, or you can ride from one end of the dunes such as Spinreel at the North end, to Boxcar at the South end. About a twelve mile ride. During the summer months the evening darkness on the dunes can be cut with the headlights of off-road enthusiasts, making their way across the open sands.
The dunes are a very popular place come Memorial day weekend, Fourth of July, and Labor day weekend. People from as far away as Southern California make the trip to ride and participate in the madness. It is truly something one should experience at least once in their lifetime.
- Bastendorff Beach
- Sunset Bay
- Horsefall Beach (accessible from dunes)
- Cape Blanco Lookout
- Shore Acres Gardens
- Spinreel Dune Buggy & ATV Rentals 
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 411 N Bayshore Drive, +1 541 269-5111, Toll-free: +1 800 228-8655, Fax: +1 541 269-5381, .
- Motel 6, 1445 Bayshore Drive, +1 541 267-7171, Fax: +1 541 267-4618, .
- Plainview Motel & RV Park 
- Comfort Inn Coos Bay, 1503 Virginia Avenue North Bend, OR 97459, ☎ (541) 756-3191, . checkin: 4 PM; checkout: 11 AM. The Comfort Inn Coos Bay is centrally located in quaint North Bend, Oregon, one mile from the North Bend Municipal Airport. North Bend is the gateway to the Oregon National Dunes Recreation Area and offers a variety of other outdoor activities including golf courses, fishing, whale watching, cycling, and much more. North Bend is known for its wide range of shopping, museums, entertainment, and dining, all just a few minutes away from our comfortable rooms.
- Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, 1313 N. Bayshore Drive, Coos Bay, OR 97420 (Located on Hwy 101 6 blocks North of the Coos Bay City Center), ☎ 541-267-4141, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12:00PM. The Premiere Non-Smoking Hotel in the Coos Bay/North Bend Area - 145 Non-Smoking Guest Rooms. For an added perk sign up for our Red Lion R&R Club which is our Free Guest Rewards Program. Other amenities include a Fitness Room, Seasonal Outdoor Heated Pool, Spa, and a Washer and Dryer. In addition this hotel is pet friendly! The Red Lion Hotel Features Brickstones Restaurant which specializes in cuisine unique to the Pacific Northwest and Characters Sports Lounge with 8 TV's including Two 52" Plasma Televisions.
- Waterfront Homes on Coos Bay, 91904 Cape Arago Hwy, ☎ 800 962-2815, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11 AM. wo one bedroom homes (one upper, one lower) at the water's edge overlooking Coos Bay. Upper unit allows for no more than two persons, lower unit no more than three (sofa bed in lower unit will accommodate one child or adult). Both units are strictly non-smoking nor are pets allowed. These quaint, comfortable homes are located within three miles of some of the greatest crabbing along the Oregon coast, as well as excellent clamming beds just yards away. $750/week.