Coos Bay is in Oregon.
- Located just a few minutes North of Coos Bay, the Oregon dunes recreational area is a kick-ass place to ride any kind of off-road vehicle.
- The sand dunes offer so many trails and open riding areas that it is impossible to ever get tired of it. (Try comparing it to Sand Lake dunes in Tillamook.)
Experience and inexperienced riders alike can find a challenge here. From tall looming hills to flat open areas the riding is vast. You can pick a bowl to stick around and play in all day long, or you can ride from one end of the dunes such as Spinreel at the North end, to Boxcar at the South end. About a twelve mile ride. During the summer months the evening darkness on the dunes can be cut with the headlights of off-road enthusiasts, making their way across the open sands.
The dunes are a very popular place come Memorial day weekend, Fourth of July, and Labor day weekend. People from as far away as southern California make the trip to ride and participate in the madness. It is truly something one should experience at least once in their lifetime.
- Most trails lead to the beach, but be careful to not run over any boundaries because the environmentalists are shutting down more of our sand dunes due to a few disrespectful people.
- Bastendorff Beach
- Sunset Bay
- Horsefall Beach (accessible from dunes)====
- Cape Blanco Lookout
- Shore Acres Gardens
- Spinreel Dune Buggy & ATV Rentals 
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 411 N Bayshore Drive, +1 541 269-5111, Toll-free: +1 800 228-8655, Fax: +1 541 269-5381, .
- Motel 6, 1445 Bayshore Drive, +1 541 267-7171, Fax: +1 541 267-4618, .
- Plainview Motel & RV Park 
- Comfort Inn Coos Bay, 1503 Virginia Avenue North Bend, OR 97459, ☎ (541) 756-3191, . checkin: 4 PM; checkout: 11 AM. The Comfort Inn Coos Bay is centrally located in quaint North Bend, Oregon, one mile from the North Bend Municipal Airport. Our hotel is just minutes away from some of the Coos Bay Area’s finest attractions, including Bandon Dunes golf course and Cape Arago State Park. North Bend is the gateway to the Oregon National Dunes Recreation Area and offers a variety of other outdoor activities including golf courses, fishing, whale watching, cycling, and much more. North Bend is known for its wide range of shopping, museums, entertainment, and dining, all just a few minutes away from our comfortable rooms.
- Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, 1313 N. Bayshore Drive, Coos Bay, OR 97420 (Located on Hwy 101 6 blocks North of the Coos Bay City Center), ☎ 541-267-4141, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 12:00pm. The Premiere Non-Smoking Hotel in the Coos Bay/North Bend Area - 145 Non-Smoking Guest Rooms. Each room was renovated in 2006 and feature granite countertops, refrigerator and microwave, In-Room Coffee Maker with complimentary Coffee and Tea, Iron and Ironing Board, Our Signature "Stay Comfortable" Pillow Top Beds, and Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet. For an added perk sign up for our Red Lion R&R Club which is our Free Guest Rewards Program. Other amenities include a Fitness Room, Seasonal Outdoor Heated Pool, Spa, and a Washer and Dryer. In addition this hotel is pet friendly! The Red Lion Hotel Features Brickstones Restaurant which specializes in cuisine unique to the Pacific Northwest and Characters Sports Lounge with 8 TV's including Two 52" Plasma Televisions.