| || |
| || |
| || |
isIn| Oregon}} |+|
Revision as of 20:20, 31 December 2006
Coos Bay is in Oregon.
- Located just a few minutes North of Coos Bay, the Oregon dunes recreational area is a kick-ass place to ride any kind of off-road vehicle.
- The sand dunes offer so many trails and open riding areas that it is impossible to ever get tired of it. (Try comparing it to Sand Lake dunes in Tillamook)
Experience and inexperienced riders alike can find a challenge here. From tall looming hills to flat open areas the riding is vast. You can pick a bowl to stick around and play in all day long, or you can ride from one end of the dunes such as Spinreel at the North end, to Boxcar at the South end. About a twelve mile ride. During the summer months the evening darkness on the dunes can be cut with the headlights of off-road enthusiasts, making their way across the open sands.
The dunes are a very popular place come Memorial day weekend, Fourth of July, and Labor day weekend. People from as far away as southern California make the trip to ride and participate in the madness. It is truly something one should experience at least once in their lifetime.
- Most trails lead to the beach, but be careful to not run over any boundaries because the environmentalists are shutting down more of our sand dunes due to a few disrespectful people.
- Bastendorff Beach
- Sunset Beach
- Horsefall Beach (accessible from dunes)====
- Cape Blanco Lookout
- Shore Acres Gardens
- Spinreel Dune Buggy & ATV Rentals 
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 411 N Bayshore Drive, +1 541 269-5111, Toll-free: +1 800 228-8655, Fax: +1 541 269-5381, .
- Motel 6, 1445 Bayshore Drive, +1 541 267-7171, Fax: +1 541 267-4618, .
- Plainview Motel & RV Park