The Columbia River Plateau is a region of Washington.
The "Tri-Cities Area" consists of Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco, set at the confluence of the Yakima and Columbia river.
- Othello, and Ritzville (capital of Adams County)
- the "Tri-Cities Area": Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco (capital of Franklin County)
- Prosser (capital of Benton County), and Benton City, West Richland
- Waterville (capital of Douglas County), and East Wenatchee, Bridgeport
- Ephrata (capital of Grant County), Moses Lake, and Quincy
- Goldendale (capital of Klickitat County)
- Davenport (capital of Lincoln County)
- Walla Walla (capital of Walla Walla County), neighboring College Place
- Yakima (capital of Yakima County), nearby Union Gap and Selah
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site - The 1847 Whitman "Massacre" horrified Americans and impacted the lives of the peoples of the Columbia Plateau for decades afterwards. See under Walla Walla#Get out.
- Daroga State Park, on Lake Ential, 6 miles north of Orondo
- Norman A. Welch Memorial Speedway, in Connell
- Palouse Falls State Park, 23 miles southeast of Washtucna
- The Gorge Amphitheatre, 754 Silica Road N.W., ☎ +1-206.628.0888, . A 20,000 seat outdoor concert venue, located just off I-90, in the charmingly-named tiny town of "George, Washington". Beautiful sunsets.
- Rock climbing at Frenchman Coulee
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, (Located off Interstate 84 or on the Historic Columbia River Highway, Oregon Highway 30), ☎ +1-(503) 695-2372, . The Columbia River cuts through the Cascade Mountains in this gorge, many km long. The Multnomah Falls are a particular attraction.
- Doug's Beach State Park, (On SR 14 about 5 km (3 miles) east of Lyle), . 06:30h to dusk (summer), 08:00h to dusk (winter), open year-round. A day-use park on the Columbia River, a great location for windsurfing. Between Murdock and Lyle.
- Columbia Hills State Park, (On State Route 14 at milepost 85, 9 miles west of Wishram), . 06:30 h to dusk, April 1 - October 31. A park on the Columbia River's north bank, under Horsethief Butte. A short ways north-east of The Dalles, Oregon. Previously known as Horsethief Falls State Park.
- Waitsburg Horse Race Track, East 10th Street, ☎ +1-(509) 337-6623. , in Waitsburg
The Columbia River Plateau region consists of Adams, Benton, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Klickitat, Lincoln, Walla Walla, and Yakima Counties.
- Umatilla National Wildlife Refuge, a 14,000-acre wildlife refuge straddling the Columbia River in Washington and Oregon. Entry points are in Irrigon, Oregon, and off Highway 14 in Washington
- US Dept of Energy Hanford Site Test Facility. One of the major nuclear weapons production sites in the United States Tours happen six times a year and depart from Richland.
- Crown Point Overlook State Park, (From state route 155 in Grand Coulee, take the turnoff to Bridgeport (state Route 174), drive two miles north, look for a sign 'Crown Point Vista'). The best spot for viewing the Grand Coulee Dam.