Clinton (Connecticut)Earth : North America : United States of America : New England : Connecticut : Greater New Haven : Clinton (Connecticut)
The Town of Clinton has a central location on the Connecticut Shoreline. Clinton is equidistant from New York and Boston, making it a comfortable commuting distance of the metropolitan industrial centers of New Haven, Middletown and New London. Clinton is contained within 17.2 square miles with an estimated population of 13,500 and an estimated the population growth to 20,000 during the summer months.
Three (3) rivers flow through Clinton into the Clinton Harbor and the Long Island Sound; the Hammonasset, Indian and Hammock Rivers. Clinton is located between the towns of Madison and Westbrook, Connecticut.
Clinton Harbor is naturally protected to the Long Island Sound and is situated 22 miles east of New Haven and 37 miles northwest of Point Montauk (Long Island). The easy-to-enter harbor is very popular with cruising boaters and contains many marinas, our Town Beach, Cedar Island and borders Hammonasset State Park.
The town center contains two historic districts, the Clinton Village Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Liberty Green Historic District (LGHD), which is a local historic district contained within the Clinton Village Historic District.
- Groton-New London Airport, 155 Tower Ave., Groton, 1 860 445-8549, []. It takes about 30 mintues by car to get from the airport to Clinton
- T.F. Green Airport (IATA: PVD)  in Warwick, offers many low cost and regular flights to cities in the United States. T.F. Green Airport is over a 1 hour drive using I-95 south through New London to Clinton.
- Bradley International Airport  in Windsor Locks. Bradley Airport is over a 1 hour drive using I-91 south through New Haven and I-95 east to Clinton.
- Shore Line East Clinton Train Station, town center, 10 John Street Extension, 1 800-255-7433. The station is open 5:15AM-10:00PM.
- Amtrak, 455 Boston Post Road, to Old Saybrook 1 800-USA-RAIL. The station is open 5:15AM-10:00PM , Ticket sales end at 9:30PM.
- "Regional Line" Boston - Springfield/Providence - New York - Washington, DC - Newport
- Estuary Transit District, 455 Boston Post Rd., 1 860 395-0891.
- I-95 South: Exit 63 - turn right; south N. High Street to Route 1.
- I-95 South: Exit 64 - turn left onto Route 145, at first stop sign, turn right; south Route 145 to Route 1
- I-95 North: Exit 63 - turn left at end of ramp, at first light, turn right; south Route 81 to Route 1
- I-95 North: Exit 63 - turn right; south N. High Street to Route 1.
- Take Route 81 South to Route 1, Main Street. Turn left onto East Main Street (Route 1). Turn right onto West Main Street (Route 1).
Car Although this town is small and homey there aren't many ways to get around without a car because the streets are busy and if you are inward in Clinton it could take awhile to walk to the beach.
- Clinton Historical Society 103 East Main Street.
- Stanton House Museum, 63 East Main Street.
- Bayliner Boats, 131 Grove St
- Cedar Island Marina, Riverside Drive
- Clinton Yacht Haven, Riverside Drive
- Hammonassett Marina, 130 Commerce Street
- Indian River Marina, Commerce Street
- New Harbor Marina, Waterside Lane
- Port Clinton Marina, 33 Indian Drive
- Annual Bluefish Festival, Fishing Tournament, Festival Contests, and music entertainment all celebrating Clinton as the bluefish capital of the world.
- Chamard Vineyards, Cow Hill Road.
- Henry Carter Hull Library, 10 Killingworth Turnpike.
- Clinton Town Beach (Town Beach), foot of Waterside Lane (off Main Street (Route 1) follow lane to the end), ☎ 860.669.6901, . Clinton Town Beach is a sandy beach facing the entrance to Clinton Harbor with views of Long Island Sound. Enjoy the beach at high tide, and walk out to the sand bars in Clinton Harbor at low tide. There is a car-top boat access area for sea-kayaks and car-top boats, and a walkway for fishing off an old stone bridge that crosses the Hammock River at the entrance. In season, sanitary facilities and a food concession are open to the public. A pavilion is available for picnic lunches as well as a viewing platform with interpretive signs to enjoy wildlife in adjacent tidal marshes. (41.2683400,-72.5201300) edit
- Everyday Treasures, 129 W Main Street.
- Caballos Del Mar Ceramic Studio, 25 Liberty Street.
- Clinton Antique Center, 78 E Main Street.
- Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets, 20-A Killingworth Turnpike.
- Clinton Music Center, 1 East Main Street.
- Miriam Green Antiquarian Book Shop & Gallery, 88 E Main Street.
- Waterside Antiques & Gifts, 109 E Main Street.
- Leon's Pizza Restaurant - Has amazing pizza and the food in general is Greek decent. Located at 41 Boston Post Rd. Telephone: (860) 669-9691. Hours: Sun-Thurs 11AM-10PM, Fri & Sat 11AM-11PM. Family owned and family orientated restaurant. 
- Taste of China - This Chinese food place is one of the top rated restaurants in Clinton. Although they don't deliver they do have take out and you don't need to dress up to go there. It's a very casual restaurant with moderate price ranges. Located at 233 E Main St. Telephone: (860) 664-4454. Hours: Mon-Thu 11:30AM-9:30PM, Fri-Sat 11:30AM-10:30PM, Sun 12-930PM. 
- The Log Cabin - Located at 232 Boston Post Rd. Telephone: (860) 669-6253. This place is great for dinner and it has wheelchair accessibility. It isn't pricey so that's always a plus and it's great homemade Italian food.
Extend your visit to stay in Clinton:
- 3 Liberty Green Bed and Breakfast , c.1734, 3 Liberty Street, in the Liberty Green Historic District (LGHD). +1 860 669-0111. This charming bed and breakfast features 4 elegantly decorated & romantically furnished rooms, each with a queen or king canopy bed, 2-person jacuzzi, private bath, sitting area, cable TV, DVD, hi-speed wireless, & a delicious home-made breakfast.
- Clinton Chamber of Commerce 50 East Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413
Phone: +1 860 669-3889 Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Andrews Memorial Town Hall 54 East Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413
Phone: +1 860 669-9333 Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM