West Side is in Cleveland.
Three two-digit interstate highways serve Cleveland directly.
- Interstate 71 begins downtown and is the major route from downtown Cleveland to the airport. I-71 runs through the southwestern suburbs and eventually connects Cleveland with Columbus.
- Interstate 77 begins in downtown Cleveland and runs almost due south through the southern suburbs. I-77 sees the least traffic of the three interstates, even though it is the primary connector of Cleveland with Akron.
- Interstate 90 connects the two sides (the terms "East Side" and "West Side" have deep root in defining this region) of Cleveland, and is the northern terminus for both I-71 and I-77. Running due east/west through the West Side suburbs, I-90 turns northeast at the junction with I-71 and I-490, and is known as the Innerbelt through downtown. At the junction with the Shoreway, I-90 makes a 90-degree turn known as "Dead Man's Curve", then continues northeast, entering Lake County at the eastern split with Ohio 2.
- Interstate 480 runs east-west along the southern border of the City of Cleveland and also connects the suburbs of the East Side and West Side. It intersects all three of the above highways, plus it intersects I-271, which serves the eastern suburbs, and I-480 has two connections to the Ohio Turnpike, I-80.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, ☎ +1 216 661-6500 ([email protected]), . Daily 10AM-5PM. Box office closes at 4PM. The zoo is closed on January 1 and December 25. Check out the Australian animal exhibit and the Rainforest (which requires additional admission fees). $9 adults 12+ ($6 from November 1-March 31), $4 children 2-11, free for kids under 2.
- West Side Market, 1979 West 25th Street (Northeast corner of Lorain Ave (western node of the Hope Memorial (Lorain-Carnegie Bridge), . M 7AM-4PM, W 7AM-4PM, F-Sa 7AM-6PM. An old world produce market directly across the Cuyahoga River from Cleveland's skyscrapers.
Experience the magic of glass blowing at the Glass Bubble Project in Ohio City. Local artists give free public demonstrations. Browse the gallery and you might just find a piece of hand blown glass artwork that fits your fancy. Visit the website for more information: http://www.glassbubbleproject.com
100th Bomb Group Restaurant
- 100th Bomb Group Restaurant, 20920 Brookpark Road (directly across from the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport), ☎ +1 216 267-1010, . An elegant WWII, aviation themed restaurant.