Clayton is a small suburban town in the East Bay of the California Bay Area, in Contra Costa County.
- Clayton Historical Society Museum, 6101 Main St, (925) 672-0240, .
- Mount Diablo State Park, (Take Summit Road to end from S. Gate Road), ☎ +1 925 837-2525. Daily: 8AM-sunset. Hike up Mount Diablo, a National Natural Landmark, for a view from the highest peak in the Bay Area. edit
- De Martini Winery , 5919 Clayton Road Paul de Martini built Clayton Vineyards Winery in 1885 on land formerly owned ny Joel Clayton, the area's first vintner.
- Ed's Mudville Grill, 6200 Center St., (925)-673-0333, . A sports bar located off of Clayton Road in downtown Clayton. The spaghetti is good, the Hefeweizen (in mugs) is generous, but the true star of the establishment is the mini-basketball game ($0.50 for one game, with a free game given for scores over 30) hidden in the back near the arcade games.
- Skipolini's Pizza, 1033 Diablo St.,(925)672-1111 . A great, local pizza place located in downtown Clayton. There is a play structure for children and an arcade for teens. Voted "Best pizza in the east bay" by Diablo Magizine in 1998 and 2001.
- Concord - One of the largest cities in the East Bay, offering a variety of shopping and dining options.