Civitavecchia is a city in the province of Rome, region of Lazio, in central Italy.
From any departure point, reach the A12 Genova – Rome highway and exit at Civitavecchia. Follow the signs for Civitavecchia centro / Sardegna on S.S. 1 Aurelia for about three kilometers.
From any departure point, arrive at the Rome Termini train station. From here, take the regional FR5 trains or Intercity train to Grosseto and get off at the Civitavecchia station.
Civitavecchia is the ferry port of Rome with ferries to Barcelona, Toulon, and Corsica. The port also affords docking facilities to the large cruise ships traversing the Mediterranean. Passengers have use of a free shuttle to the port entrance, within easy walking distance of stores and a train station for economical travel to Rome. (See same section for Rome.)
- Civitavecchia, the port of Rome, is the point of arrival and departure of hundreds of ships, cruises, ferries travelling all around the Mediterranean. From here it is possible to reach Sardinia, Corsica, Sicily, Spain, France, some other small islands, and even north Africa. A good transportation system links the port to the Eternal City.
- National Archeological Museum Preserves exciting finds from the Roman port and Taurine spas (just outside Civitavecchia), and the 845 inscription that celebrates the city's reconstruction after being destroyed by the Saracen.
- Michelangelo stronghold The impressive fortress built in the sixteenth century with the assistance of the great Michelangelo Buonarroti.
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia (civitavecchia shore excursions), ☎ 3384180978 ([email protected]), . Deluxe tours to Rome with fun and reliable driver/guides
- Hotel San Giorgio, Viale Garibaldi, 34. Tel +39.0766.5991, Fax +39.0766.599230, . A 4 star hotel in downtown Civitavecchia, overlooking the sea.
- Bed and Breakfast "Casamica", Via Alcide De Gasperi, 1. Tel +39.0766.31182, . Clean cozy rooms with bathroom in a Tuscan style home with seaview. The host family offers pickup service and first-hand tips to discover the hidden beauty of the Italian way of life. Free transfer to the port.
- Phone center, Via Dalmazia 3 (also internet)
- Calamatta Phone, Piazza Calamatta 11/A -12 (also internet)
- Via Gian Lorenzo Bernini (300 to 400 meters straight behind the train station)