Chula Vista is a large city in San Diego County in Southern California. Originally a farming and dairy city in the early 20th century, by the early 21st century the city had grown tremendously with the addition of several prominent suburbs and business districts.
Chula Vista is accessible by car through Interstates 805, 905, 125 and 5.
Private boats can dock at the local Chula Vista Marina .
The nearest major airports are San Diego International Airport (SAN) and Tijuana International Airport (TIJ).
The San Diego Trolley  Blue Line serves Southern San Diego County, running between San Diego's Old Town and Downtown San Diego down to the US-Mexico Border. Chula Vista has three trolley stations: Bayfront/E Street, H Street, and Palomar Street.
Chula Vista Transit (CVT)  runs several bus routes around Chula Vista, most of them connecting to at least one of the Chula Vista trolley stations.
- Chula Vista Nature Center, .
While a majority of activities can be found in the city of San Diego, there are still several things for visitors to do.
- Since Chula Vista is surrounded by Silver Strand, it has only a harbor and no beaches. However many boaters and recreational fishers find this to be an interesting area to boat and fish. There is a boat launching ramp located at the J Street Marina Park, off the J Street I-5 offramp. The ramp has a large parking lot for vehicles with trailers, picnic facilities and restrooms. Care should be taken navigating in the adjacent areas of San Diego Bay as there are extremely shallow shoal areas. Refer to a current navigational chart prior to leaving the ramp area. Nearby is South Bay Anchorage, which is free to use, but a permit is required (permits can be obtained from the Shelter Island Harbor Police Office in Point Loma). In the vicinity are several parks and bike trails.
- In the east is the Sleep Train Amphitheatre and Aquatica San Diego, both in the Otay Valley. The redevelopment of the area occurred in 1997-8 and his since been a popular place for locals and visitors.
- Aquatica San Diego - Water park
- Aqui Es Texcoco. Great lamb barbacoa.
- Mae Kwan Thai Cuisine, 230 3rd Ave (Just south of E Street and 3rd Avenue, on the north end of the 3rd Avenue district), ☎ +1-619-426-5172, . Good Thai food at reasonable prices with good deals on lunch. Easily accessible via bus from trolley stations or other parts of South Bay. Metered parking on the street and in city-owned lots. edit
- Hungry Hank Deli,866 3rd Ave Chula Vista, CA 91911, known locally as having some of the best sandwhiches around, has a wide menu for a variety of eaters.
- Tacos El Gordo de Tijuana B.C.,689 H St, Chula Vista, CA 91910, known for having the best tacos in the Greater San Diego Metropolitan area
- Best Western Chula Vista Inn, 946 Broadway, ☎ +1 619 691-6868 (fax: +1 619 420-6975), . edit
- Best Western South Bay Inn & RV Park, 710 E Street, ☎ +1 619 420-5183 (toll free: +1 800 420-0041, fax: +1 619 420-6254), . edit
- Best Western Plus, 4450 Main Street, ☎ +1 619 422-2600, . edit
- Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista, 745 E Street, ☎ +1 619 422-4200 (fax: +1 619 585-8944), . edit
- Vagabond Inn Chula Vista (Chula Vista (San Diego) Vagabond Inn), 230 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910, ☎ 619-422-8305, . checkin: 2:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Vagabond Inn Chula Vista (San Diego) offers complimentary continental breakfast, onsite guest laundry facilities, swimming pool, spa, semi-truck parking, free WiFi, and other services. edit