ChidambaramNorthern Coast : Chidambaram
Chidambaram is a city in the southern state of Tamil Nadu in India with a population of about 82,458. Of the numerous temples the Nataraja Temple at Chidambaram is one of the most significant ones. In terms of its antiquity, richness in terms of worship & festival traditions, in architectural & sculptural splendour, in its association with music & dance, Chidambaram is a center second to none in representing the rich cultural heritage of India. Several rich legends are associated with Chidambaram. The best known, are those describing the Cosmic Dance of Shiva, the dance duel between Shiva and Kaali and the more recent one describing the re-discovery of the Tevaram hymns.
Chidambaram city is located on the Karaikal-Cuddalore-Chennai highway and frequent buses are available from most major cities in Tamil Nadu. Chidambaram is connected to other parts of Tamil Nadu through a very good rail and road network., You can also reach Chidambaram Via Pondicherry(40km) or even via Trichy(160km) By Rail : Chidambaram is located on the Madras-Tiruchirapalli main line of the Southern Railway. It is connected with Tiruchirapalli, Madras, Madurai (335 km), Rameshwaram (575 km), Bangalore (340 km), and Tirupati (290 km). National Highway NH-45A (the Villupuram-Puducherry-Cuddalore-Chidambaram-Nagapattinam Highway) passes through Chidambaram.
Place of Tourism/Temples in Chidambaram:
- Sengazhuneer Pillayar Koil, S.P Koil street
- Sirai meetta vinayagar koil West car street
- Kothandaramar koil West car street
- Anandheeswaran koil Anandheeswaran koil street
- Thagam Theertha pillayar koil Thagam Theertha pillayar koil St
- Elamayakkinar koil Elamayakkinar koil street
- Nataraja Temple East car street
- Anjaneyarkoil East car street
- Selliamman Koil Sunnambukkara street
- Kamatchiamman Koil Kamatchiamman koil street
- Keezhatheru Mariamman Koil Mariamman koil street
- Mariamman koil Nethaji street Wd-23
- Thillaikaliamman Koil Thillaikaliamman koil street
- Drowpathiamman koil Drowpathiamman koil street
Here is the link to temple route map for the travellers visiting Navagraha temples in Tamilnadu. 
The Natyanjali annual festival of classical Indian dance that takes place at the end of February is the biggest attraction that brings thousands of people from all over the world.
- Nataraja Temple. edit
- Thillai Kaali Amman Temple, Goddes Kali who competed with lord Natarja in dance
- Pichavaram, (on the road from Chennai), . State forest with unique mangrove lake. Boat tours of the lake take about 2 hours, with some impressive views of this ecological site. 15 Rs toll road. edit
- Sattanathar Temple - Really a good temple a must-visit
- Bhuvanagiri , located 7 Km north from Chidambaram Town - Birth place Baghavan Sri Raghavendra Swamigal
- Annamalai Nagar (University) unique place not only for education but with old style buildings
- Maruthur, located 17Km North from Chidambaram Town, Birth Place of Vallalar Ramalinga Swamigal
Places To Visit:
- Parangipettai (sea shore)
- Annamalai University
- Pichavaram (Boating Place)
- Kollidam (river)
- GRAND PALACE.
- SARADHA RAM-3 STAR HOTEL.
- Hotel Ritz.
- Hotel Royal plaza.
- R K Residency Hotel
- Muthu catering service
- Hotel Palace, Railway feeder road.
- Akshya Restaurant, Ke-rzha-radha Koil Street. Good one for spicy NV between 11:30 to 15:00
- Kamala Vilas, a non vegetarian hotel, West car street (near kanchi thotti Bus stop)
- Udippi Krishna Vilas a vegetarian hotel, West Car street
- Shanmuga restaurant, a vegetarian restaurant, South Car Street
- Moorthy cafe located in North main road, Bole Narayana Pillai lane
- Anantheeswarar Temple, West side of the Chidambaram Town (nearly 0.5km west to Thillai Nateraja Temple). Very old temple and nice to see(near chinna kadai street) edit
- The Grand Park - Hotel The Grand park.located in East Car Street, 50M away from Lord Natarajar Temple,Contact Tel:91-4144-225859 Mob: +91 9488370859, Traiff : 1500 - 2500
- HOTEL SARADHA RAM-3 Star hotel located opposite busstand. Good food,nice A/C rooms,bar etc;are available there.contct phone:91-4144-221336(5 lines)fax:91-4144-222656.website-www.hotelsaradharam.co.in
- RK Residency 30, V.O.C Street, Near to Bustand Tariff: 600 -2300
- Hotel Palace, Railway feeder road.
- Ramya lodge, South street
- Pari lodge, South sannathi
- Appollo lodge, Sabanayagar street
- Ameen lodge,South street
- Star lodge, South street
- Abi lodge, East street
- Kurinji lodge, East sannathi
- Mansoor lodge No.91 East Car Street, Ph:041442221072, Mob:09443339446
- Sabanayagam lodge
- Iqbal lodge
- O.S.Deen building
- Murugan lodge
- Hotel Rajarajan
- Sriram lodge
- Ganesh bavan complex
- Saba complex
- Sublakshmi complex
- M.A.T lodge
- Pari lodge
- Swathi complex
- Meera lodge
- Everst lodge,
- Jawahar lodge,
- Anantham lodge,
- A.A lodge,
- Aiswarya hotel, Venugopal st
- Kalyanam lodge, venugopal street
- R.K.Tower, V.O.C st
- Shameer lodge.
- Ramanathan mansion, Bazaar street
- Shajakhan complex, Lalkan street.
- Hotel Akshaya located in East Car Street
- Hotel Kalyanam Boarding & Lodging: No:10,Venugopal Pillai Street,Chidhambaram.(Walkable distance from Temple),here you will get single rooms for Rupees 150/-.For more enquries contact ph:04144-222707
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|