Chesapeake is a city of 200,000 in the Hampton Roads area in Eastern Virginia. Neighboring cities are Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth.
- Hampton Roads Transit, 5172 W. Military Highway, Phone: +1 757-222-6100, Provides transportation throughout Chesapeake and connects to Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Newport News and Portsmouth.
- Greyhound Bus Line, Phone: +1 800-231-2222, Connects Chesapeake to Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach.
- AMTRAK, Phone: +1 800-872-7245, National passenger rail service. Connects Chesapeake with Newport News, VA and Norfolk, VA.
- Chesapeake City Park, 900 City Park Drive, ☎ +1 757-382-6411. Enjoy your day walking the trails, having a picnic, or playing horseshoes, volleyball, or basketball. This park features a playground and skatepark and is a prime venue for local festivals and entertainment. It is also a great place to bring your favorite canine to run free and make friends in one of the several fenced in dog parks. “". edit
- Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, 3100 Desert Road, Phone: +1 757-986-3705. Come explore one of the largest wildlife preserves on the east coast. This location is perfect for birders, hikers, or anyone looking to enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Chesapeake Arboretum, 624 Oak Grove Road, Phone: +1 757-819-7510. This 48-acre plot features a large variety of native plants along a 3-mile long trail system, complete with picnic areas for leisure activities.
- Broken Egg Bistro, 501 Kempsville Rd, ☎ 757-410-8515, . Consistently voted "best breakfast in Chesapeake," Broken Egg Bistro turns out some of the best breakfast in all of Hampton Roads. Also has a great lunch menu with a large selection of speciality sandwiches and burgers. edit
- Smokey Bones, 1405 Greenbrier Pkwy, ☎ (757)361-6843, . Mon 5PM - 10PM Tue 5PM - 10PM Wed 5PM - 10PM Thu 5PM - 10PM Fri 5PM - 10PM Sat 5PM - 10PM Sun 5PM - 10PM. Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill takes fire-grilling and slow-smoking to a new level of flavor. With steaks, ribs, pork, salads, beer, specialty drinks and a lively bar. edit
- Simply Thai Cuisine, 236 Carmichael Way #322, ☎ (757) 204-4623. M-TH 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-10:30pm, Sat 12pm-10:30pm, Sun 12pm-9pm. Thai Cuisine serves soups, salads, curries, stir fry, fried rice, duck, seafood, noodle dishes, and vegetarian specials. $5-17. edit
- Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake Hotel, 725 Woodlake Dr, ☎ 757-523-1500, . Chesapeake's only full service hotel boasts a sophisticated environment for successful corporate events edit
- Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake Hotel, 8060 Harbour View Boulevard, Suffolk, VA, ☎ 757-483-5777, . checkin: 1500; checkout: 1200. Suffolk hotel features Marriott's new decorative elements for an unforgettable sleep experience. Great choice among Hampton Roads hotels for families and sports teams looking for hotel near Boo Williams Sports Complex. edit
- TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake, 8050 Harbour View Boulevard, ☎ 757-483-5177, . Pet-Friendly Marriott hotel near Boo Williams Sports Complex, Great value for families looking for Hampton Roads hotels. Provides neighborhood-style living with comfortable, casual suites at a great value. edit
- Cedar Tree Inn and Suites, 721 Conference Center, ☎ (757) 366-0100, . Magnuson Hotels affiliate. edit
- Chesapeake Staybridge Suites, 709 Woodlake Dr, ☎ +1 757 4202-525, . Specializing in the extended stay experience, this all suites hotel is pet-friendly. edit
- Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, 709 Eden Way North, ☎ 757 312 0020, . Rooms with free Wi-Fi, large work space, refrigerator, flat screen TV, and alarm clock with MP3 connection. Guests have access to free parking, free breakfast, indoor pool and fitness center. $122. edit
- Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake, 725 Woodlake Drive, . High-speed Internet access, business centers, Express Check-in/Check-out, concierge services. edit
|Routes through Chesapeake