Charles Town is a small historic town in West Virginia, and one of the state's most visited attractions.
Charles Town is a city in Jefferson County, in the Washington-Arlington metro area.
It is the county seat.
The community was named for settler Charles Washington, brother of President George Washington.
The latitude of Charles Town is 39.288N. The longitude is -77.86W.
It is in the Eastern Standard time zone. Elevation is 512 feet.
The estimated population, in 2003, was 3,180.
Charles Town is located on US 340, about 30 miles from Frederick, Maryland.
Charles Town Races & Slots  is an incredibly varied, friendly, total entertainment experience. It starts with over 5,000 slots, live thoroughbred racing year round, and a chance to bet on Simulcast races from the best tracks across the country.(You MUST be 18 years or older to gamble in West Virginia.)
If you are interested in motor sports, nearby Summit Point Raceway  offers a variety of events. In addition to viewing professionals drive, you can show up on quite a few Fridays with your own car and be taught how to drive safe and fast. The event is called Friday At The Track and is run by an organization called BSR .
- Charles Town Heritage Festival, . This annual festival takes place the third Saturday of every September. Celebrate the history of the region with live music, craft fair, children's activities, farmers market and more!
- IHOP, 134 Jefferson Crossing Way, ☎ 304 724-8300 (fax: 304-724-8301), . 24hrs.
- La Mezzuluna Cafe, 90 Somerset Blvd, ☎ 304 728-0700.
- The Mediterranean Cafe, 132 W Washington St, ☎ 304 724-9992, . Monday-Thursday 11:30am-9pm, Friday 11:30am-10pm, Saturday 12pm-10pm, Sunday Closed. Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mi Degollado Mexican Restaurant, 92 Somerset Blvd, ☎ 304-725-0333. Monday-Saturday 11am-10pm, Sunday 11am-9pm. Authentic Mexican
- Mountain View Diner, 903 East Washington Street, ☎ 304-728-8522, . 24hrs.
- Hillbrook Fine Dining, 4490 Summit Point Road, ☎ 304.725.4223, . This unique, fine dining experience offers guests award winning meals created with passion.
- Knight's Inn, 907 E Washington St, ☎ 304 725-2041, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 11am.
- Towne House Motor Lodge, 642 E Washington St, ☎ 304 725-8441, .
- Hillbrook Inn, 4490 Summit Point Road, ☎ 304-725-4223, . A country house hotel with beautifully appointed suites and fine dining. $149-$369.
Nestled in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Commission (JCPRC) owns or operates eight county parks, comprising of over 250 acres of land, located throughout the county. The parks boast of varied facilities, including picnic areas, athletic fields, tennis courts, nature trails, and playgrounds. The JCPRC strives to provide the best facilities for all residents to use and enjoy.