Chanhassen is a small city in Minnesota located just southwest of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Chanhassen is close to the big city, but still has that small town charm, making it appealing for all types of visitors. There are many opportunities for fun, family and business in Chanhassen. Close to downtown Minneapolis, the city is home to eleven lakes, many community parks, the Chanhassen Dinner Theater, Lake Minnewashta and Lake Ann Park Beaches.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is only twenty miles from Chanhassen.
Highways 5 and 212 run through Chanhassen and connect to Interstate 494. Highway 101 also runs through Chanhassen connecting to US 169 to the south, and Interstate 394 to the north.
Automobiles are the most common type of transportation for travelers who are staying in the city, however, there are a few other options.
There are coach buses operated by SouthWest Transit which will take travelers from Chanhassen to downtown Minneapolis. There are numerous taxi services in Chanhassen which will take travelers to and from their destinations.
Chanhassen has over 80 miles of trails for biking and walking.
- Dinner Theatre. Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, a unique dining experience featuring various types of performances.
- Music Studio. Paisly Park Studios, opened by the artist PRINCE, is located in Chanhassen. 
- Golf. Bluff Creek Golf Course, an 18 hole public golf course.
- Zoo. Minnesota Zoo , offering a wide variety of animals and vegetation.
- Beach. Lake Minnewashta and Lake Ann Park Beaches within city limits.
- Arboretum. The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is located in Chanhassen. 
- Axel's, 560 West 78th Street Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 934-9340, . Axel's embody today's supper club through the highest quality American Cuisine, steaks, chops, fish, pastas, and salads.
- High Timber Lounge, 591 W 78th St Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 937-2424, . The lounge features cozy décor with a grand fireplace, antique bar, large screen television and plenty of seating. The lounge offers a full bar with an excellent wine and beer selection.
- Rey Azteca Mexican Restaurant, 7874 Market Boulevard, Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 934-6126 . Fantastic food, fun atmosphere, great authentic Mexican food. Also includes a full bar.
- Tian Jin Chinese Restaurant, 463 W 79th Street, Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 934-4111, . Healthy food, friendly service and a fancy restaurant. Delivery available online or by phone.
- Frankie's Pizza, 7850 Market Boulevard, Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 949-9697, . Family owned and operated, Frankie's has been serving up Chicago style pizza for over 20 years. Dine in, carry out, or delivery.
- AmericInn, 570 Pond Promenade, Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 934-3888 , . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. The hotel offers a variety of room types, including suites with whirlpools and fireplaces. Great customer service, friendly staff, and near downtown Chanhassen.
- Chanhassen Inn, 531 West 79th Street Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 934-7373, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Locally owned hotel near downtown Chanhassen and off of Highway 5.
- Country Inn & Suites, 591 West 78th Street Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 937-2424, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. Situated in the heart of downtown Chanhassen, newly-renovated and just steps away from the Chanhassen Dinner Theaters.
- Holliday Inn Express, 7855 Century Blvd. Chanhassen, MN 55317, ☎ (952) 401-8850, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Located next to the Chanhassen Wildlife Preserve. You not only get a peaceful stay, but free amenities including Wi-Fi access, a hot breakfast and free shuttle service.