Central Iowa is in the United States of America.
- Ames, home of Iowa State University
- Des Moines, state capital and Iowa's largest city
- Grinnell, home of esteemed liberal arts institution Grinnell College
- Indianola, featuring National Balloon Museum and hot air balloon contests
- Knoxville, home of Knoxville Raceway
- Newton, former headquarters of Maytag Washing Machine Company (Maytag, Inc.)
- Pella, home of Pella Windows, Vermeer Manufacturing, and the annual Pella Tulip Festival
- Perry, home of Hotel Pattee, an arts and crafts style destination hotel
- Bob Feller Museum, 310 Mill St, Van Meter, ☎ +1 515 996-2806 ([email protected]), . Tu-Sa 10AM-3PM, Su noon-4PM. Iowa's most famous baseball player, "Rapid Robert" was an all-star pitcher for the Cleveland Indians. Before making the big leagues, he learned how to throw a baseball in Van Meter before starting off on his eventual Hall of Fame career. $5, children and seniors $3.
- German Hausbarn, Manning (Hwy 141 on east edge of Manning), ☎ +1 712 655-3131, . M-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-4PM. The barn was originally built in Germany in 1660 and came to Iowa as a gift in 1991. It was built with help of both Germans and Americans using materials from around the world. The town of Manning also celebrates other German festivals, including Kinderfest in June and Weihnachtfest each Christmas. $6, children 6-10 $2.
- Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad, 225 10th St, (toll free: +1 800-626-0319), .
- Ledges State Park, (4 mi S of Boone), . Popular park featuring canyons and bluffs, with the Des Moines River flowing through it. 13 miles of trails to go along with fishing, canoeing, and 95 campsites.
- Hotel Pattee, 1112 Willis Ave, Perry, ☎ +1 515 465-3511 ([email protected]), . Opened in 1913, all 40 rooms have a different theme. Standards from $129, full suites $199, substantial discounts on website.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pella, IA, 315 Roosevelt Road, Pella, ☎ +1 641 620-1111, .