Cavaillon is in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
First in mind are the "Melons of Cavaillon", a great fruit with a ribbed, greenish skin, orange flesh and a deep, luscious flavour. Then, even if the first impression are not as strong as in other many other places in the Provence, you certainly should take time to discover its secrets.
From Avignon to the north, or Marseille to the south, Cavaillon is only 900 m away from an exit of the A7 Autoroute du Soleil
- Synagogue of Cavaillon - The second oldest synagogue in France has a short but excellent tour. The history of the Jewish people in this area and the synagogue are well presented and the guided tour is very interesting.
- Médiatheque de Cavaillon - A highly interesting and modern building where you can find information of all kinds by checking books, CD's, films etc. 60 Rue Verran Rousset ☎ +33 4 9076 2148
- La Chapelle Saint-Jacques -
- Prévôt - is the one-of-a-kind type of restaurant. Although its kitschy old-fashioned dining room (with melon motifs), try and enjoy the exquisite menus that follow the changing seasons. And, of course, in the Summer don't miss the melon feast served by a young, dedicated staff (Apr-Sep). In a few words, cuisine prepared with passion. 353 Avenue de Verdun. ☎ +33 4 9071 3243
- L'Atelier des Saveurs Are you crazy about Macarons? And do you want to taste the best Melon Macaron? Enjoy Jean-Yves Dufraine's delicious products or learn how to make them by taking part of many different courses and workshops. 149 Rue de la République. ☎ +33 4 8635 0603