Catawba Island  is part of the Ottawa County peninsula. Catawba Island is one of 12 townships that make up Ottawa County (Ohio), Ohio. It is commonly referred to as Catawba and Catawba Island, although it is a not an island as its name implies. Due to its sheltered bay and inlets, land elevation along the shore with fewer cliffs and easy access to Lake Erie, it has become one of the preferred areas for pleasure boat owners to dock and store their boats. Development was stagnant for years due to lack of sanitary sewer. Once this was improved, Catawba Island Peninsula started to bloom, with all sorts of improvements, condo's, expensive homes, marinas and businesses. It has become a preferred destination for those enjoying Lake Erie waters.
- Lake Erie Islands Regional Welcome Center, Route 53N (Catawba Island Exit just north of Route 2), ☎ 1-800-441-1271, . Free maps, brochures, discount tickets, restrooms.
- Gem Beach Marina , 3000 N Carolina St., Catawba. PH:419-797-4451
- Boat-Ski-Jet Ski Rentals
- Catawba Island State Park , 4049 E Moore’s Dock Rd, Catawba.
- Miller Ferry Catawba Dock  At the end of Route 53 North, Catawba. Known as Catawba Point. Ferries to Middle and South Bass Island (Put-in-Bay)
- Golf Plenty of choices.
- Fishing Charters & Head Boats
- 'Scuba Diving
Catawba Island has a agricultural history as well as a marine history. A lot of land on Catawba Island was dedicated to farming, vineyards, orchards, truck farms and such. Today development is converting some of this land for other uses, but much of its agricultural heritage remains. In the warmer months you will find no lack of local vegetables and fruits for sale at the road side.
- The Mon Ami Restaurant and Historic Winery, 3845 East Wine Cellar Road, ☎ +1 419-797-4445 or 1-800-777-4266 ([email protected]), .
Catawba Island is like a big playground for kids and adults, with a long shoreline. Things happen. If you are not familiar with small boats, keep in mind they move when you get in and/or least expect it. Make sure you wear or know where your life preserver is as soon as you get in a smaller boat. Lake Erie is a big and wonderful place, some areas like this have extreme traffic on the roads and water, both from commercial and pleasure craft. The Coast Guard is always looking for those who abuse the waterways and will not hesitate to arrest for drinking while operating a watercraft or other infringements. Play safely and no one will bother you.
- Ottawa County Sheriff's Office, 315 Madison Street, ☎ +1 419-734-4404, .
- Catawba Island Township Police Department, 4822 East Cemetery Road, ☎ 911 (life threatening emergencies) or +1 419-797-2422.
- Magruder Hospital, 615 Fulton Street, ☎ +1 419-734-3131, .
- Gem Beach Marina, 3000 N Carolina St., ☎ +1 419-797-4451, .
- Winke's Boat Storage, Inc. & Landing, 3072 NE Catawba Rd., ☎ +1 419-797-4618 or 419-797-4412, . Full Service Marina, Storage, & Repair Facility.
- Lake Erie Islands - Located west of Cleveland, a group of picturesque and festive islands in Lake Erie are accessible via ferry.
The islands listed below are either in Ottawa County or close to it. Some like Pelee, are in Canada, different fishing license required.
- Hen Island - Property of the Quinnebog Club.
- Green Island Lighthouse.
- Kelleys Island. Tourist destination (Erie County)
- Middle Bass Island. Tourist destination
- North Bass Island. Tourist destination
- Pelee Island. Tourist destination - Canada.
- Rattlesnake Island. Private island owned by a club, membership required
- South Bass Island. The most significant tourist destination containing the town of Put-in-Bay.
- Sugar Island.
- Turtle Island. Privately owned vacation homes
- West Sister Island Wildlife Refuge.
- Pelee Point Ontario, Canada mainland.