The Carnival Elation  leaves out of San Diego, California for four to six day cruises to the Baja Mexico, every Sunday. Length 855 ft, guest capacity 2052, speed 21, and tonnage 70367. Ports of call include, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- Las Vegas Style Shows, are some of the best on the seven seas. All of these shows are held in the Mikado lounge. Try to get there at least 45 minutes early to get the best seat, these seats are the second row towards the middle on either side, you may get picked to go on stage. There are two to three a week, check your Carnival Caper once on board for more details.
- Midnight Buffet, this is a favorite for all, there will be a walk through to see it all before midnight. The food is great, make sure you bring your camera and take lots of pictures. Check your Carnival Caper for more times.
Do not buy the travelog video at the end of the trip, it will only cover the first couple days and it is very brief, plus what you see in your cabin is different then the finished product.
- Inspiration & Imagination Dining Rooms, are the main dining rooms with the best food on the ship, the first thing you may want when you go in is lobster, but don't it is not that good. All the food they make is great, but the lobster is very tough.
- Tiffany's Bar & Grill
- 24-Hour Pizzeria
- Salad Bar
- Ice Cream Bar
The standard cabins are good size for two, if you are very good about keeping things organized then a four person cabin can work, but these rooms are the same size as the two person cabins just with bunk beds that fold down. The Rivera deck are best value, with the rooms being on the lowest guest floor, but at the best price.
- Calling on board is very expensive due to the fact that you are using a satellite phone, $1 US per minute for calls to the US, and $1.75 US per minute to every where else.
- Internet access on board is available, both wireless and wired access. There is a internet cafe on the main deck near the shore excursions desk. Wireless access is through out the whole ship, so bring your laptop, because it is cheaper then using the internet cafe. If you can wait a couple days, use the internet in one of the port of calls. In Progreso internet cafe's are more limited because of the location of the cruise terminal, being away from the main city. In Cozumel they are everywhere and you can walk right off the ship to one of the cafes, don't pay more than $2 US per hour for internet because it about 15 pesos depending where you go.