CampbeltownEarth : Europe : Britain and Ireland : United Kingdom : Scotland : Scottish Highlands : Argyll and Bute : Campbeltown
Campbeltown is served by the 926 Citylink bus from Glasgow up to 6 times per day. Note that this bus calls at every settlement along the way which results in a long journey time. The bus also calls at various places allowing passengers to transfer onto ferries run by Caledonian MacBrayne (see below). Buses can get very busy during peak season - you may see two buses running in convoy!
There is a twice daily service (not weekends) to and from Glasgow International Airport run by Loganair , who have a codeshare with British Airways. Flight time is approximately 10-30 minutes depending on wind.
- Kintyre Express  operate a regular passenger & bicycle only ferry service to and from Ballycastle, Northern Ireland, between April and September. The ferry costs around £30 each way or £55 for a return.
- Caledonian MacBrayne,  runs the following car ferries, many of which allow access to the various islands around the Kintyre peninsula.
- Ardrossan to Campbeltown - operates three times a week between the beginning of May and the end of September.
- Tarbert to Portavadie every hour or so (daytime) daily. Together with the Gourock to Dunoon service, this provides a shorter route from Glasgow or makes part of various circular routes.
- Kennacraig to Islay twice a day. Kennacraig is 6 miles south of Tarbert.
- Claonaig to Lochranza every 1 1/4 hours daily in summer only. Claonaig is 4.5 miles south of Kennacraig.
Tarbert and Kennacraig are served by the Citylink bus service to Campbeltown (see above). Claonaig is served 3 times per day Mon-Sat by the West Coast Motors 448 bus service from Tarbert.
A variety of local bus services operate in and around Campbeltown, all operated by West Coast Motors . There is a town service (number 100 or 440) that runs every half hour Monday-Saturday daytime.
- See whisky being made at the Springbank Distillery at 85 Longrow, Campbeltown, PA28 6EX . Book on +44 1586 551710.
- Mull of Kintyre Seatours, ☎ 07785 542811, . Fast boat trips around Kintyre and to Arran, the Firth of Clyde, Islay and Northern Ireland. Also run regular wildlife-watching trips to Sanda Island, Ailsa Craig and the Mull of Kintyre. edit
- Paddle Steamer Waverley, tel: 0845 130 4647 Sails from Campbeltown May 3 2013 Cruise to Oban fares from £25 July 21 2013 Cruise Sanda Isles & towards Mull of Kintyre fares from £19
- Drink the locally distilled whisky from Springbank, Glengyle, or Glen Scotia. Then sing the song "Campbeltown Loch, I wish you were whisky".