Camaguey (province) : Camagüey
Adelante,  is the local periodical.
- Ignacio Agramonte Airport about 5 miles from the city center. International connections via charter and scheduled service to Havana (90 minutes).
- Camaguey is near the midpoint on the Havana to Santiago train line (about 10 hours from Havana). In addition to the daily overnight train running in both directions, there is also a daytime train running to/from Havana and Santa Clara on alternate days and another daytime train arriving from Santiago de Cuba on Thursdays and Sundays and returning on Mondays and Fridays.
- Viazul  provides service to Havana, Sancti Spiritus, Santa Clara, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad, and Varadero. Viazul tickets are purchased from an office right in front of where the buses stop near the far end of the terminal.
- Carretera Central, Cuba's major highway passes through.
There are a few local buses running, but they tend to be infrequent and overcrowded. Some taxis are available, and there are many bicycle-taxis. The historical centre is small enough to walk around.
The historic centre of Camaguey is the largest in Cuba. There are several museums, including
- Museo Provincial Ignacio Agramonte
- Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Soledad
- Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de la Merced
You can climb the tower at the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria off of Plaza San Juan de Dios.
The park Casino Campestre just over the river is Cuba's largest urban park and has plenty of shade.
The local market is on the banks of the Rio Hatibonico at the south end of the historic centre.
Walk around the historic centre, with its seemingly randomly oriented streets and dozens of nooks and crannies.
- Campana de Toledo
- Hotel Camaguey, Carretera Central.
- Gran Hotel, Maceo.
- There are several casas particulares in town.
- Casa de Delgado, Apt 71 / Level 7 - Calle Republica 216, ☎ 53 32 291284, . This casa is run by two doctors - Anabel and Royler. It is a private room with adjoining private bathroom inside their penthouse apartment that features an amazing view of the town. Anabel speaks fluent English and is extremely friendly and helpful. It is on the 7th level of an apartment building (it's the highest one on Calle Republica - look for the blue Casa sign). 25 CUC.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|