Cabo de Santo Agostinho
Revision as of 12:26, 8 March 2011 by 188.8.131.52 (added listing Yalor Jose Lorega Correa de Araujo)
Fly into Recife's Guararapes International Airport. From Recife, rent a car or take a bus to Cabo.
- 45 Km south of Recife
- 40 Km north of Porto de Galinhas
- 170 Km south of João Pessoa
- 240 Km north of Maceio
- Cabo's Bus Station is located at Rua 13, 5, in Jardim Santo Inácio, Tel.: (81) 3521-1210.
Wonderful tropical beaches, including:
- Calhetas Beach
- Enseada dos Corais Beach
- Gaibu Beach
- Itapuama Beach
- Paiva Beach
- Paraíso Beach
- Suape Beach
- Xaréu Beach
- Engenho Massangana, beautiful sugar-cane plantation house. Abolitionist Joaquim Nabuco spent his childhood here, .
- Engenho de Nossa Senhora da Madre de Deus, sugar-cane plantation house.
- Castelo do Mar Fortress Ruins, also known as Nazareth Fortress (Forte Nazaré), .
- Our Lady of Nazareth Church (Igreja de Nossa Senhora de Nazaré), . Built in 1579.
- Carmelite Convent Ruins.
- Fishermen Museum (Museu do Pescador), Vila de Nazaré, Cabo de Santo Agostinho; tel.: (81) 3512-7011.
- Medicinal Clay Pond
- Yalor Jose Lorega Correa de Araujo. Lot of spots to surf. The best season is winner, south and southeast winds blowing during this time. Beach break and reef breaks are available, places as Itapoama, Gaibú, Laje do Paiva, Pedra Preta e Arrisca Tudo (calhetas) will show good waves with 2" to 6" size.
- Bar do Artur, Bar do Artur, Calhetas Beach; tel.: (81) 3522-6382, .
- Opará, Avenida Beira-Mar, 79, Gaibu Beach, Cabo de Santo Agostinho; tel.: (81) 3512-0954.
- Eco Resort do Cabo, Avenida Beira Mar, 750, Suape Beach, Cabo de Santo Agostinho; tel.: (81) 3527-7000,  A sprawling, contemporary hotel, set amid 60,000 sq m of gardens (650,000 sq ft), on a small peninsula jutting into a quiet bay named Paradise, part of a legally preserved estuary system. Ecological concerns include rationalized water usage, trash recycling, solar Power, organic fertilization, preservation activities for flora and fauna. Brazil's top Spa Brand is also here. Children are very welcome & breakfast is included! Only 37 km from Recife International Airport.
- Canarius D'Gaibu, Rua Grinaldo de Souza Leão, 329, Enseada dos Corais, Gaibu Beach, Cabo de Santo Agostinho, .
- Caravelas de Pinzón, Avenida Beira Mar, 165, Gaibu Beach, Cabo de Santo Agostinho; tel.: (81) 3512-1194, .
- Enseada dos Corais, Avenida Via Mar, Enseada dos Corais Beach, Cabo de Santo Agostinho; tel.: (81) 3522-5770, .
- Trópicos, Praia de Itapuama; tel.: (81) 3522-9001, .