Cañon CityEarth : North America : United States of America : Rocky Mountains (United States of America) : Colorado : South Central Colorado : Cañon City
Cañon City is directly linked to Pueblo by US Route 50. From Colorado Springs, go south on State Route 115, then west on US Route 50.
Cañon City's main road is Royal Gorge Boulevard, which is part of US Route 50.
- Buckskin Joe's Frontier Town and Railway, 719-275-5149, . Re-creation of a nineteenth-century frontier town complete with a scenic train excursion to the rim of Royal Gorge.
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, 4218 County Road 3A, 719-275-7507 or 1-888-333-5597, . The world's highest suspension bridge, aerial cable car, and many more attractions. Don't miss the SkyCoaster!
- Royal Gorge Route, 1-888-724-5748 or 719-276-4000, . Train ride through the floor of Royal Gorge, with specialty excursions featuring lunch, and murder mystery and wine-maker dinners. Closed for the Winter check the schedule to see when opens usually around middle of March.
- Dinosaur Depot Museum, 330 Royal Gorge Blvd Canon City, CO 81212, ☎ (719) 269-7150, . Come see amazing fossils of dinosaurs and also a complete Stegosaurus. edit
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, 3011 East Highway 50, ☎ 719-276-5191, . The tasting room and gift shop is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00am until 6:00pm, and on Sundays from 12:00pm until 5:00pm. edit
- Museum of Colorado Prisons, 201 N 1st St, ☎ (719) 269-3015. The Museum of Colorado Prisons, located on the grounds of the "Old Max," a prison still in operation, tells the story of Canon City's colorful prison history. See old photographs and prison implements, including the old gas chamber edit
- Royal Gorge Mountain Bike Tours®, 1420 Royal Gorge Blvd. (Hwy 50 and 15th st.), ☎ 866-766-7238. 8am-8pm. The Royal Gorge regions first and only mountain bike tour company. Offering guided mountain bike tours in Canon City,Colorado. * Western Heritage Days  From gun fights to cannon fire, Indian horse painting to kids games, a Victorian Ball and dinner, old-time skits, BBQ and Saloon and dancing. May 29, 30, 31 2009 at the Holy Cross Abbey in Cañon City RT50 east of Canon City * Royal Gorge Zip Line Tours, 45045 Hwy 50 West, ☎ (719) 275-7238, . edit * <do name="Skyline Drive" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">a one-way road, and the entrance is about 3 miles west of Canon City on U.S. Highway 50. The 3-mile drive, constructed by inmates from the state prison in the early 20th century, takes you hundreds of feet up a ridge overlooking Canon City and the Arkansas River Valley edit
- Tunnel Drive. Beautiful Walking Trail next to the Arkansas River edit
- AmericanAdventure Expeditions . 1-719-395-2409 Offering whitewater rafting trips on Colorado's most popular river, horse back rides on the Continental Divide, guided high-country ATV tours and ziplining over rugged canyons. We'll help you plan the vacation of a lifetime. Book a half day, full day or overnight adventure! Enjoy the intense rapids of the Royal Gorge Canyon or the beautiful bighorn sheep in Bighorn Sheep Canyon.
- Lost Paddle Rafting Rafting Colorado-Royal Gorge Family owned and operated since 2003. Offering whitewater rafting trips in Canon City Colorado on the Arkansas River at the Royal Gorge. Only 45 minutes from Colorado Springs, and 1 hour from Denver. 866-766-7238 1420 Royal Gorge Blvd. Canon City, Colorado 81212
- River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center (Rafting Canon City, Colorado), 44641 US Hwy 50 Canon City, Colorado 81212 (8 Miles west of Canon City, Colorado on US HWY 50), ☎ 866-945-3420, . Complete your Canon City, Colorado vacation with a whitewater rafting trip on the Arkansas River. Since 1972 River Runners has been providing fully guided family friendly whitewater rafting trips daily at their Riverside Rafting Resort in Buena Vista, Colorado and Royal Gorge Rafting Center in Canon City, Colorado. Raft the Royal Gorge and Bighorn Sheep Canyon on the Arkansas River in Canon City, Colorado. (38.496709,-105.329032) edit
- The Gold Mine, 44864 W US Highway 50, ☎ (719) 276-9353. a great place for rock hounds to get all diffrent types of rocks and diffrent qualities. edit
- White Water Bar & Grill, 4505 Hwy 50 W, ☎ 719-275-7238. edit
- Big Burger World, 1205 South 9th Street, ☎ (719) 275-8079. edit