Bukit Merah Laketown Resort is an eco-tourism destination in Perak
Bukit Merah is primarily accesible via road. Take the Bukit Merah Exit on the North South Expressway, 10 minutes North of Taiping's Kamunting Exit and follow the signs.
Take a bus from the Kamunting Bus Terminal in Taiping to Semanggol. From Semanggol, take another bus into Bukit Merah
- Orang Utan Island - Tucked away on the 35-acre Pulau Orang Utan, Orang Utan Island is the world's first and only 5-acre rehabilitation and preservation facility where Orang Utans roam free. The unique island serves as a breeding sanctuary as well as conservation, research and education center to better understand this endangered species. There is a boat service that ferries people to and from the Island every 30-45 minutes. Entrance is RM15 for Adults and RM10 for children. Children below 90cm will not be admitted.
- EcoPark - A 3-acre eco-friendly sanctuary, the park features three large enclosures the Bird Park, Reptile Park and Tropical Trek, where rare indigenous and exotic bird, reptile, primate and mammal species roam freely in their natural habitat. Entrance is RM10 for Adults and RM7 for children.
- Water Park - Straddling an area of 11 acres, it is the largest in the northen region of Peninsular Malaysia. It has 10 different rides including Boomerang, the only of its kind in South East Asia. There is also a chairlift that will take you over the entire waterpark for a fee of RM4. Entrance to the waterpark is RM21 for Adults and RM16 for children.
- Skycycle - A monorail that gives you a breathtaking view of the surrounding tropic rainforest. The ride costs RM4 per person.
- Village Tours - Take a tour of a traditional Malay Village and see a Malay house and school and learn to weave a grass mat.
There are special combo packages available. Ask ticket offices to provide the details.
Marina Village is a mall close to the waterpark that has many handicraft and souvenier stores to get nice items. Keep in mind that prices here are higher than in big cities as it is a predominantly tourist area
Marina Village houses most of the F&B outlets like Cafe Le Lac, Ripple's Sidewalk Cafe and K'Bali Cafe. Bubbles Restaurant is located within the waterpark, it serves local and western food at fairly high prices. Hong San Restaurant is located at the Palm View Apartments and serves Chinese cuisine while Colours Restaurantis located at Culture Zone Apartments .
- Mike's Place is a pub located in Marina Village. It has a live band.
- Angler's Karaoke Corner is a pub also located in Marina Village and has Karaoke facilities.
- Culture Zone Apartments. Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments available. Rooms come airconditioned, with a mini fridge and television. Facilities include a swimming pool with jacuzzi, a gym, sauna, mini theatre, children's playground, BBQ area and karaoke lounge. Price ranges from RM150 to RM600 a night
- Palm View Apartments and Laketown Apartments. Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments available. Rooms come airconditioned, with a mini fridge and television. Prices range from RM130 to RM400 a night.
- Laketown Hotel