Brunswick is a coastal city in Cumberland County, Maine along the Androscoggin River. It is home to Bowdoin College . Parks and recreation information is available at the Town of Brunswick Municipal Government  Municipal Building at 23 Federal Street. Tel: +1-207-725-6656.
Approaching from either south or north on Interstate 95, take Interstate 295 and watch for the Brunswick exits. Alternatively, old US Route 1 runs right through the city.
- Concord Trailways ] - Bus stops at 162 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-800-639-3317.
- Vermont Transit Lines  - Bus stops at 206 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-772-6587.
The Maine Eastern Railroad  runs an excursion service between Brunswick and Rockland (via Bath and Wiscasset) with restored vintage railcars. Wednesday through Sunday. Summers only. Tel: +1-866-637-2457. The Amtrak Downeaster  connects Portland to Boston and points south, but there's no train connection between Brunswick and Portland.
Portland International Jetport  is the nearest airport. 1001 Westbrook Street, Portland, ME 04102. Tel: +1-207-874-8877. Less than an hour's drive from Brunswick.
- Bowdoin College Campus  - the oldest institute of higher education in Maine, founded in 1794. Many interesting buildings and activities.
- Bowdoin College Museum of Art  - Upper Park Row, Walker Art Building, at Bowdoin College. Tel: +1 207 725-3275.
- Bowdoin College Summer Music Festival - hosted at Bowdoin College. Tel: +1-207-725-3322. Classical concerts twice weekly plus student recitals during July and August.
- First Parish Church  - Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-729-7331. Harriet Beecher Stowe, whose husband was a professor at Bowdoin College, was sitting in Pew 23 of this church during a communion service when she had a vision of the death of a slave which became the pivotal element in her famous book, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
- Frontier Cafe, Cinema & Gallery  - 14 Maine Street. Mill 3 - Fort Andross. Tel: +1-207-725-5222. 75 seat cinema, art gallery and cafe overlooking the Androscoggin River.
- Growstown School - at corner of Church Street and Woolside Street. Tel: +1-207-729-8017. 1849 one-room schoolhouse. Visits by appointment only during July and August.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe House - 63 Federal Street. Tel: +1-207-725-5543. A National Historic Landmark, nearly 200 years old. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin here.
- Joshua L. Chamberlain Museum [] - 226 Maine Street. Tel: +1 207 729-6606.
- Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum [ - Hubbard Hall at Bowdoin College. Tel: +1 207 725-3416.
- Pejepscot Historical Society Museum  - 159 Park Row. Tel: +1 207 729-6606. One of Maine's oldest historical organizations, maintaining three museums about the area and a extensive research collection.
- The Skolfield-Whittier House - 161 Park Row. Tel: +1-207-729-6606. Open during the summer only.
- The Theater Project [] - 14 School Street. Tel: +1 207 729-8584. June through August.
- Androscoggin River Bicycle Path - between Grover Lane and Water Street, along the Androscoggin River. Tel: +1-207-725-6656. 2.5 mile-long paved path along the River with trees, granite benches, restroom facilities, and designated lanes for cyclists and pedestrians. Great for walking, jogging, bicycling, roller-blading, or skateboarding. Managed by the Brunswick Parks and Recreation Department.
- Bowdoin Pines Trail  - adjacent to Bowdoin College Campus. One of Maine's few remaining old-growth forests, 33-acre 'The Bowdoin Pines,' has a trail open year round for walking, jogging, bird-watching, picnicking and cross-country skiing. Dogs on leashes. No fires or camping. Information available from Bowdoin's 'Environmental Studies Program' Tel: +1-207-725-3396.
- Brunswick Town Common  - starts from picnic area in pine grove off Harpswell Road. Tel: +1-207-725-6656. Woodland area with trails for hiking and cross-country skiing. Southwestern section of the original thousand acre "commonage" granted by the Pejepscot Proprietors in 1719. Managed by Brunswick Town Commons Planning Committee.
- Cox Pinnacle  - Near Hacker Road, off Durham Road. Tel: +1-207-725-6266. 103-acre parcel with trails for walking, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing and horseback riding through wooded hills, rocky ledges, and wetlands. Includes the highest point of land in Brunswick, at 350 feet, with views of the White Mountains. The trail begins with a boardwalk across the wetlands and is marked in blue.
- Crystal Spring Farm Reserve  - Pleasant Hill Road. Tel: +1-207-729-7694. Trails are located on 160-acre farm owned and maintained by the 'Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust.' Forests, fields and blueberry barrens. (Maps can be found in a mailbox at the trailhead.)
- Mid Coast Hospital Nature Trails  - Medical Center Drive, off Old Bath Road. Look for the trail entrance at the far end of the parking lot. More than 3300 feet of prepared walking paths through the forested wetlands areas between the Hospital and the protected estuary and salt water marshes of Thompson's Brook. More information at Hospital Information Desk.
- Seaspray Kayaking Tours, Rentals & Guide Service  - Old Bath Road. Tel: +1 207 443-3646, Toll free: +1 888-349-SPRAY.
- Maine Highland Games - August 18 (2007) [ - Thomas Point Beach. 29 Meadows Road. (Route 24). Tel: +1-207-637-2474.
- Bookland & Cafe (The Hardcover Cafe)  - 8 Gurnet Road at Cook's Corner. Tel: +1-207-725-7033. Eclectic menu featuring freshly prepared salads, sandwiches, soups, ethnic entrees, vegetarian specials, plus baked goods prepared every morning including scones, muffins, croissants, and cinnamon rolls, and pastries. Plus books. Open 9 am to 8:45 pm Monday through Saturday. Sundays 9 am to 5:45 pm.
- 111 Maine  - 111 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-729-9111.
- Amato's  - 148 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-729-5514.
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar  - 11 Gurnet Road. Tel: +1-207-721-9920.
- Asian Grill - 164 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-725-7203. Thai, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian cuisines.
- Back Street Bistro - 11 Town Hall Place, just off Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-725-4060. Hand cut steaks, fresh local and exotic seafood, creative salads and vegetarian dishes. Wines, cocktails and local beers on tap. Open daily from 5 pm until late.
- Bombay Mahal - 99 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-729-5260. Indian food.
- Brunswick's House of Pizza - 85 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-729-0085.
- Captain Mike's - 32 Bath Road. Tel: +1-207-729-4951.
- China Rose Restaurant - 42 Bath Road. Tel: +1-207-725-8813. Caters for special diets. No MSG used. Full bar.
- El Camino Cantina - 15 Cushing Street. Tel: +1-207-725-8228. Mexican food.
- Fat Boy Drive-In - on Route 24. Tel: +1 207 729-9431. The classic old drive-in lives here, and you can eat in your car. Lights on for service. Roll up your window a bit so the waitress can hang your tray on it. Good, inexpensive classic food like burgers and onion rings.
- Henry and Marty's - 61 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-721-9141.
- Scarlet Begonias  - Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-721-0403. Specialty sandwiches and pizzas. 'A bistro & catering establishment.' Lunch and dinner, Monday through Saturday.
- Star Fish Grill - 100 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-725-7828. Fresh seafood.
- The Great Impasta - 42 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-729-5858. Italian food.
- Wild Oats Bakery and Cafe  - 149 Maine Street. Tel: +1-207-725-6287.
- Winners Sports Grill  - Burnet Road. Tel: +1-207-725-6500.
- Sea Dog Brewing Company - 1 Main Street, Topsham (adjacent to downtown Brunswick). Tel: +1-207-725-0162. Pub food and Maine microbrews.
- Brunswick Inn  - 165 Park Row. Tel: +1-207-729-4914. Bed and breakfast with 15 guest rooms. Antique furniture and fireplace. Close to Bowdoin College.
- Captain Daniel Stone Inn  - 10 Water Street. Tel: +1-207-725-9898. Guest fitness centre and wireless internet in each room. Breakfast.
- Comfort Inn  - 199 Pleasant Street. Tel: +61-207-729-1129. Free continental breakfast, free local calls. Wireless internet. Exercise room.
- Econo Lodge - 215 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-729-9991.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, Brunswick Freeport  - 36 Old Portland Road. Tel: +1-207-721-0300. Free continental breakfast. Broadband internet in rooms.
- Maineline Motel - 133 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-725-8761.
- New Meadows Motel - 393 Bath Road. Tel: +1-207-443-9591.
- Parkwood Inn  - 78 Gurnet Road. Tel: +1-207-725-5251. Indoor pool. Guest lounge with fireplace. Broadband in rooms; wireless internet in public areas.
- Super 8  - 224 Bath Road. Tel: +1-207-725-8883.
- Thomas Point Beach Campground  - 29 Meadow Road, off Route 24 at Cook's Corner. Tel: +1-207-725-6009. Snack bar, gift shop, games arcade, sportsground.
- Travelers Inn  - 130 Pleasant Street. Tel: +1-207-729-3364.
- Viking Motor Inn  - 287 Bath Road. Tel: +1-207-729-6661. Both motel-style and efficiency-style units available. Free wireless internet.
- Eagle Island State Park
- Elijah Kellogg Church/Harpswell Historic Park
- Josephine Newman Sanctuary  - Route 127 in Georgetown. Tel: +1-207-781-2330. 2 miles of nature walks through a 119-acre preserve that is bounded by a salt marsh. Trails wind through a marsh and secluded woods along exposed ledges, ocean inlets, and a pond.
- Maine Maritime Museum at Bath. Tel: +1-207-443-1316. Open year round.
- Mast Landing Sanctuary - Upper Mast Landing Road, off Flying Point Road, at Freeport. Tel: +1-207-781-2330. Marked trails on 100 acres.
- Morse Mountain Sanctuary at Phippsburg
- Popham Beach State Park
- Reid State Park and Beach
- The Giant Staircase, at Bailey Island
- The Olde Stone Schoolhouse at Georgetown
- Thomas Point Beach
- Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park  - 426 Wolfe's Neck Road off Flying Point Road, at Freeport. Tel: +1-207-624-6075 (off season) & +1-207-865-4465 (in season). 233 acre park with 5 miles of shoreline and woodland hiking with views of Casco Bay, the Harraseeket River and salt marshes. Admission fee of $3 per adult and $ 1 per child aged 5-11. Children under 5 and adults over 65 are admitted for free. Picnic areas are provided.