Brownsville is a city in and the county seat of Cameron County, Texas, United States. Brownsville is the 15th largest city in the state of Texas and the 129th largest in the United States. The population was 139,722 at the 2000 census. Brownsville is also the southernmost city in Texas thus giving it an important role.
Brownsville is the principal city of the Brownsville–Harlingen Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is part of the larger Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville Combined Statistical Area.
Brownsville is served by Brownsville/South Padre Island Airport (IATA: BRO). 
Brownsville has long-haul coach service via Greyhound, and regional service via Valley Transit Company.
- US Highway 77/83 - a co-signed road that goes to Harlingen, where it splits into US 77 toward Houston and US 83 toward Laredo.
- US Highway 281 - to Hidalgo County and then San Antonio.
- Mexico's Federal Highway 180 is easily accessible across the Veterans International Bridge into Matamoros, Tamps., and leads to Tampico and eventually to Cancun.
Brownsville is made up of four districts. 
1001 E. Elizabeth St.
Brownsville, TX 78520
Brownsville Urban System is the name of the bus system operating Brownsville. Operation hours are from 5:50 a.m. to 8:26 p.m., Monday through Saturday, except on major holidays.
- Brownsville Historical Association BHS 
- Brownsville Museum of Fine Arts
- Children's Museum of Brownsville 
- Confederate Air Force-Rgv 
- Historic Brownsville Museum
- Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Park
- Sabal Palm Audubon Center
- Rio Grande Masonic Lodge No.81
- Gorgas Science Foundation
- Galleria 409
- Charro Days Fiesta  This usually occurs the last week of February.
- Sombrero Festival, . Created to enhance the spirit of Charro Days, this festival usually occurs the last week of February.
- Fort Brown Memorial Gulf Course
- Brownsville Gold Course
- Spring Break at South Padre Island
- University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College UTB/TSC 
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute 
Parks & Recreation
- Brownsville Sports Park 
- Gonzalez Park
- BookBee 
- Barnes & Noble University Bookstore
- Rouge Comics
- Lopez Super Market
What To Eat
Where To Eat
Typically 15 percent.
- Galleria Restaurant, 3777 North Expressway, (956) 547-1500
Bars, Pubs and Billiard Parlors
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub & Grill
- Stickman's Bar & Grill
- Hurricanes 
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Rack Daddy's
- Billiard Room
- U-Mix Coffee & Juice Bar
- 802 Café
- Latus Café 
- Kactus Café
- New Courthouse Coffee Shop
- Fina's Coffee Shop
- International Coffee Shop
- Rio Java Gourmet Coffee & Tea
- Tunnel Café
- Karma Night Club 
- Vertigo 
- Club 151
- Wink's Saloon, Grill & Roping Arena 
Gay & Lesbian
- Valentinos Night Club 
Theater and Cabaret
- The Camille Lightner Play 
- Jacob Brown Auditorium 
- The Arts Center 
Where To Stay
- Best Western Rose Garden Inn, 845 N Expressway 77/83, ☎ +1 956 546-5501 (fax: +1 956 546-6474), .
- Courtyard Brownsville, 3955 North Expressway 77/83, ☎ +1 956 350-4600 (fax: +1 956 350-4678), .
- Hawthorn Suites, 3759 North Expressway, ☎ +1 956 574-6900 ([email protected], fax: +1 956 574-6910), .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1985 North Expressway 83, ☎ +1 956 550-0666, .
- Motel 6, 2255 North Expressway, ☎ +1 956 546-4699 (fax: +1 956 546-8982), .
- Residence Inn Brownsville, 3975 N. Expressway 83, ☎ +1 956 350-8100 (toll free: +1 888 267-8927, fax: +1 956 350-8101), .
- Staybridge Suites, 2900 Pablo Kisel Blvd, ☎ +1 956 504-9500, .
- Palace Inn Motel East, 7364 S. Padre Island Hwy, ☎ (956) 832-0202. Approximately: 3.5 Miles from airpot, 22 miles from South Padre Island, 3 miles from Keppel Amfels, 1 mile from Port of Brownsville, 6.5 miles from Mexico.
- Village at Fort Brown 
- Breeze Lake Campground
- Winter Haven Resort Brownsville
- Honeydale Park Brownsville
- Palm Resaca Park Brownsville
- Gulf Breeze Mobile & RV Park Brownsville
- Four Seasons Mobile Home & RV Park Brownsville
- Rio RV Park Brownsville
- Autumn Acres MH Community & RV Resort Brownsville
- Gulf Trailer Park Brownsville
In case of an emergency dial 911.
- Brownsville Police Station 600 East Jackson St.
- Southmost C.N.C. 2900 Southmost Blvd.
- Westside C.N.C 1763 U.S. Highway 281
- Valley Baptist Medical Center 
- Valley Regional Medical Center 
- South Texas Rehabilitation Hospital 
The Brownsville Fire Department has 9 Stations
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 1
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 2
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 3
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 4
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 5
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 6
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 7
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 8
- Brownsville Fire Department Station 9