Brooklyn is one of the five boroughs of New York.
There are a variety of neighborhoods in Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn Heights
- Cobble Hill
- Park Slope
- Carroll Gardens
- Williamsburg Take L train from Manhattan.
- East Williamsburg Centered around the Morgan Ave stop on the L train. This neighborhood has a strong developing music scene. It is also home to the swinger's club Grego's. Brooklyn's natural food store can be found here.
- Red Hook
- Cypress Hills
- Fort Greene
- Coney Island Ah the famous Coney Island. Take the W or the F train to the end to enjoy the beach or amusements or just get your official Nathans hot dog. http://www.coneyislandusa.com/
- Brighton Beach
- Bay Ridge
- Sunset Park
- Halcyon Cafe Hipster than thou cafe, DJ hangout, record shop, antique store with retro cozy seating. Serves beer and wine too and has a state of the art sound system. 227 Smith St (between Butler and Douglass) Subway F or G to Bergen Street
- Hunan Delight Neighborhood Chinese restaurant; excellent Vegetarian options (fake meat, etc) and sweet and sour soup. 748 Union St (between 5th and 6th Ave) in Park Slope. Subway F to 7th Ave. Delivers, 718-789-1400.
- "No sleep till brooklyn" is a popular Beastie Boys song from the 1980s. New York City is considered a city that never sleeps.