BridgevilleSouthern Delaware : Bridgeville
Bridgeville is located at the intersection of Routes 13 and 404 in Sussex County, DE; and for most is a town passed by on the way to the beach. With the construction of the Route 404 bypass some years ago most travelers now miss the historic downtown area.
While currently lacking any means of mass transit, the town does contain some paved roads that extend throughout the entire local area, facilitating travel by car or bike to the many points of interest in Bridgeville.
One thing to note while driving through these streets is that police officers will enforce the traffic code and patrol the area 24 hours a day.
- Bridgeville Historical Society Museam - Located at 102 William Street the Museam was originally built as a firehouse in 1911 and converted into school classrooms in 1924. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Tours by appointment: 302-337-8595
- Bridgeville Public Library - Located at 210 Market Street the Public Library was built in 1866 by the First Presbyterian Congregation.
- RAPA Scrapple - Bridgeville is home to the RAPA Scrapple factory. RAPA brand scrapple is the country's leading brand of scrapple.
Bridgeville is host to the annual Apple Scrapple Festival (see www.applescrapple.com)which takes place the second weekend in October every year. The festival has grown every year since it's inception in 1991 and this small town (pop 1,500) plays host to about 30,000 visitors over the weekend. Some highlights of the festival include: scrapple carving contest, antique tractor pull, 5K Hog Jog, Classic Car Show, and much, much more.
Bridgville has become the new host to the world famous Punkin' Chunkin' competition. Contestants from all over the country compete every Novemeber to see who can chunk a small gourd the furthest.(www.punkinchunkin.com).
Heritage Shores Club - 18 hole, par 72 course. Located at One Heritage Circle.
- Bridgeville Centre - 9577 Bridgeville Centre.
- China Wok - (302) 337-8866
- Domino's Pizza - (302) 337-9000.
- Subway - (302) 337-7760.
- Jeff's Tap Room - 416 Market Street, (302) 337-8602. You must try the Cheeseburger!
- Jimmy's Grille - Route 13 A, (302) 337-7575.
- McDonald's - 18733 Sussex Highway, (302) 337-7882.
- Tony's Pizza & Pasta - 607 South Main Street, (302) 337-9557. (This is REALLY good pizza operated by an actual Italian named Tony and his family. Go figure.)
- Heritage Shores Country Club - One Heritage Circle, 888.622.1777. Upscale Casual Dining
- Jeff's Tap Room - Located in scenic, historic downtown Bridgeville, this is the hub of the nightlife of Bridgeville - 416 Market St. (302) 337-8602. A must see if you're in Sussex County.
- There are no hotels in Bridgeville, your best bet is to drive south to Seaford.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|