Brewster is in Massachusetts on Cape Cod. Brewster, known as a favorite home of sea captains, is a charming bayside town. It quieter than many Cape towns and is home to Nickerson State park, a preserve of 400 acres of trails.
- From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge (Becomes Rt. 6). Brewster's exit is at Route 134 off of Route 6, approximately 40 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge and 1.75 hours from Boston.
- From Providence or points south take I-95 north to I-195 to Route 25 south to the Bourne Bridge (I-495 also becomes Route 25). At the rotary (traffic circle) on the Cape side, go almost all the way around and travel along the Canal to Route 6 east. Exit at Route 134, approximately 40 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge.
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Av., Hyannis, +1 508-771-6191, . No service to Brewster, but to Orleans and other nearby towns.
- Most travelers would fly into Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS), , or Warwick, Rhode Island's T.F. Greene Airport (PVD),  near Providence.
Car or bicycle are preferred.
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority, +1 800-352-7155, . Bus service throughout Cape Cod. No Sunday service.
- Brewster White Caps in Cape Cod Baseball League collegiate summer action. Games played at Stony Brook School, 384 Underpass Rd., +1 508-896-7442, [email protected], . 5PM or 4:30PM.
- New England Fire & History Museum, 1439 Route 6A, +1 508-896-5711. Summer daily 10-4. More than 30 hand-drawn and horse-drawn fire-fighting apparatus. Many more related implements.
- Stony Brook Grist Mill, 830 Stony Brook Rd., +1 508-896-6745Built on the foundations of a vintage 1873 woolen mill, contains old milling equipment and a 100-year-old loom. Adjacent herring run teems with fish in April and early May. Free. Bag of corn $2.
- Drummer Boy Park, Drummer Boy Road, off of Route 6A East, . Home of the Higgins Farm Windmill & Harris Black House. The park is on a wide-open meadow with the windmill on one end and a gazebo in the field on the other end. In the middle is a playground and swing set.
- Art House Gallery, Thad Ellis Rd. (off Rt. 6A near Ocean Edge), +1 508-896-5557, . Apr-Dec. Tu-Sa. Cape artists are featured along with some European work.
- Maddocks Gallery, 1283 Route 6A, +1 508-896-6223. Daily in season. Cape Cod oils by Jim Maddocks.
- Ruddeforth Gallery, 3753 Mass. Rt. 6A, +1 508-255-1056. Year round. Daily 10AM-5Pm. Debra Ruddeforth's oils, and watercolors. Also photographs by Tom Ruddeforth.
- Struna Galleries, 3873 Route 6A, +1 508-255-6618, . Timothy Struna's pen-and-inks, watercolors and acrylics featuring Cape landscapes and houses.
- Underground Gallery, 673 Satucket Rd., +1 508-896-6850, . Year round. Daily in season. Watercolors by Karen North Wells. Amazing gallery supported by tree trunks and under tons of earth.
- Winstanley-Roark Fine Arts, 2759 Route 6A, +1 508-896-1948, . Daily in summer. Spring and fall M-Sa. Oils and pastels by Robert K. Roark and fine art photography by Anita Winstanley Roark. Framing services.
- Cape Rep Theatre, 3299 Route 6A, East Brewster, +1 508-896-1888 (General Information), 508-896-1888 (Box Office).
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, 869 Route 6A, +1 508-896-3867 Fax +1 508-896-8844. June 1-Sept 30 Daily, 9:30-4; October-March W-Su, 11AM-3PM; April-May W-Su 10AM-4PM. Open at other times for classes, workshops, volunteer gatherings, group visits and special events. Exhibits and explore the flora and fauna of Cape Cod on their 80 acre (.32 km²)site. Two exhibit floors and three walking trails.
- Bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail, Nickerson State Park, +1 508-896-3491. Free parking. This 22 mi (35 km) bike trail follows an old railroad bed through several towns. Check their website or call them to check for closures.
- Rent your bike at *Rail Trail Bike & Kayak, Snow Rd., +1 508-896-9200, . Park there for the trail, get your bike fixed... they do it all.
- Cape Sail, +1, Saquatucket Harbor, +1 508-896-2730, [email protected], . Sail or learn to sail. Lessons given at Upper Mill Pond.
- The Captain's Golf Course, 1000 Freeman's Way, +1 877-843-9081, . Two practice greens, a driving range, electric and pull carts, club rentals.
- Emerald Hollow Farm, +1 508-685-6811. Trail rides. See Cape Cod on horseback.
- Game of golf at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, 2907 Main St., ''+1'' 508-896-9000,, . Become a member and enjoy a game of golf at this challenging course, yet suitable for all levels and ages. Superior new design
Brewster has numerous galleries and shops to browse.
- Brewster General Store, Route 6A and Route 124, +1 508-896-3744, . A fixture since the mid 1800s, this place has a little something for everyone.
- The Brewster Fish House, 2208 Main St., +1 508-896-7867. Creative seafood dishes. Voted best on the Lower Cape for 6 years.
- Cafe Alfresco, 1097 Main St., +1 508-896-1741. Garden setting. Casual gourmet food.
- Laurino's Tavern, 3668 Main St., +1 508-896-6135. Good family spot.
- Chillingsworth, 2449 Main St., +1 508-896-3640 Housed on a 300 year-old estate. Top notch and expensive.
- Bramble Inn & Restaurant, 2019 Main St. (Route 6A), +1 508-896-7644. May-December. Prix fixe. Smaller rooms in an 1861 vintage inn makes for a romantic experience.
- Linx Tavern (at Ocean Edge Resort& Golf Club), 2907 Main Street, ☎ "508, . Enjoy appetizing local seafood and unique meat dishes.
- Ryans Tavern, 2377 Main St., +1 508-896-2109.
- Ocean Terrace (at The Mansion at Ocean Edge), 2907 Main Street, ☎ 508 896 9000, . The new Ocean Terrace with sweeping views of Cape Cod Bay. Dine indoors at The Mansion or outside on the Terrace. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Expensive.
- Bramble Inn & Restaurant, 2019 Main St., Route 6A, +1 508-896-7644.
- Brewster By The Sea B & B, 716 Main St., +1 508-896-3910, . Outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. Fireplaces and whirlpool tubs in some rooms.
- Brewster Farmhouse Inn, 716 Main St., +1 508-896-3910.
- Captain Freeman Inn, 15 Breakwater Rd. +1 508-896-7481, .
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, 2907 Main St., +1 508-896-9000, . Large oceanfront resort on over 400 acres.
- Tilden's Landing, 1360 Main St., +1 508-896-8812, . 10 rooms in a 200 year old inn.
- Candleberry Inn, 1882 Main St., +1 508-896-3300, . 8 lovely rooms in this 200 year old inn.
- Isaiah Clark House, 1187 Main St., +1 800-822-4001 or +1 508-896-2223, . Mar-Dec. 7 rooms.
- Old Sea Pines Inn, 2553 Main St., +1 508-896-6114, .
- Nickerson State Park, Rte. 6A (Route 6, Exit 12, left off ramp), +1 508-896-3491, . Mid-Apr.-Mid Oct. Over 420 campsites on 1900 acres, eight miles of roads, an eight mile bike path that connects to the 25 mile Cape Cod Rail Trail. Stocked trout ponds and swimming at Flax Pond. Cape Cod Bay is within walking or bicycling distance. You can swim and canoe at Flax Pond; recreational programs offered by park staff.
Orleans is just a bicycle ride away. Provincetown and Chatham are favorite shopping trips for those days that are just wrong for the beach.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!