| || |
From [[Amsterdam]] and [[Schiphol Airport]], Breda can be reached by train in about 2 hours.
From [[Amsterdam]] and [[Schiphol Airport]], Breda can be reached by train in about 2 hours .
| || |
Revision as of 21:33, 8 October 2011
Breda is a city in the Dutch province of North Brabant.
From Amsterdam, Breda can be reached by taking the A2 to Utrecht and then the A27. Breda is less than a 90 minute drive from the three main ferry ports in Holland. The closest port to Breda is Europoort in Rotterdam which is 45 miles away. 
From Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport, Breda can be reached by train in about 2 hours on Fyra, a train service that runs on the high speed tracks between Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Breda. Tickets can be bought at the ticket machines, or can be reserved at . Alternatively, if you already have your normal NS ticket, day ticket or anything of the sorts, you can travel with Fyra by buying a supplement at the ticket machines.
You can get around by bike (rent from Central Station) or Citybus. But almost everything in the city centre is walkable.
Some of Breda's medieval buildings have been demolished in the past, but much remains. On the Grote Markt, the city's main square, you can find the Church of our Lady, in Gothic style, and the 18th century city hall.
- Get a tour through the old moats of Breda
- Drink real Belgian and Brabants beer on Grote Markt or Havermarkt square.
- Explore the nightlife on thursdays, fridays and saturdays around Havermarkt square.
- You should visit the Wilhelminastraat. It is located just south of the city centre and hosts lots of exlusive shops. It has a very rich and nice atmosphere
- It is also recommended to visit the old neighbourhood Zandberg and Ginneken, just south of the Wilhelminastraat. It has lots of old merchants' houses and on the south end you will find the Mastbos. One of the nicest forests in the Netherlands
Breda is a well known shopping city in the Netherlands. In the old city centre you can find lots of clothing shops.
- Restaurant Chocolat, Torenstraat 9
- Restaurant Dickens & Jones, Grote Markt 40
- Restaurant Flinstering, Grote Markt 23
- Cafe de Speeltuin, Visserstraat 14.
- Parc Breda, Grote Markt 20
- Kerkplein, Torenstraat 17-19