| || |
| || |
Breda is a city in the Dutch province of North-Brabant.
From Amsterdam, Breda can be reached by taking the A2 to Utrecht and then the A27.
From Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport, Breda can be reached by train in about 90 minutes.
You can get around by bike (rent from Central Station) or Citybus. But almost everything in the city centre is walkable.
Some of Breda's medieval buildings have been demolished in the past, but much remains. On the Grote Markt, the city's main square, you can find the Church of our Lady, in Gothic style, and the 18th century city hall.
- Get a tour through the old moats of Breda
- Drink real Belgian and Brabants beer on Grote Markt or Havermarkt square.
- Explore the nightlife on tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays around Havermarkt square.
- You should visit the Wilhelminastraat. It is located just south of the city centre and hosts lots of exlusive shops. It has a very rich and nice atmosphere
- It is also recommended to visit the old neighbourhood Zandberg and Ginneken, just south of the Wilhelminastraat. It has lots of old merchants' houses and on the south end you will find the Mastbos. One of the nicest forests in the Netherlands
- Restaurant Chocolat, Torenstraat 9
- Restaurant Dickens & Jones, Grote Markt 40
- Restaurant Flinstering, Grote Markt 23
- Restaurant Singaradja, Ginnekenweg 24
- Cafe de Speeltuin, Visserstraat 14.
- Bliss Hotel, Torenstraat 9
- Apollo Hotel, Stationsplein 14