The Brecon Beacons National Park  is located in southern Wales, part of the United Kingdom. Within an area of 1347 sq km (520 sq miles), the Park contains some of the most spectacular and distinctive upland formations in southern Britain. Stretching from Hay-on-Wye in the east to Llandeilo in the west, the park includes the Black Mountains, the Central Beacons and Fforest Fawr as well as a vast array of moorland, forests, valleys, waterfalls, lakes, caves and gorges.
The Brecon Beacons mountain range was designated as a National Park in 1957.
Flora and fauna
From London, take the M4 motorway into South Wales. Turn off at exit 22 (near Cardiff) onto A470 towards Brecon. Further west, leave the motorway at exit 43 onto the A465 or at exit 45 (near Swansea) onto the A4067. Take both roads in the direction of Brecon. The A4067, in particular, passes through some very pleasant scenery, and you will be reminded of the famous quote by a famous Buddhist master the whole way: "the journey is the goal." One scenic drive off of the main A470 is the A4059. It sticks to the high ground and has opportunities to see wild Welsh Mountain Ponies.
There are regular bus services from both Swansea (Quadrant Bus Station) and Cardiff (Railway Station bus terminal) into the park area.
- Green Man Festival, Glanusk Park, Crickhowell  - annual alternative music festival typically held in mid-August.
- Call of the wild 
- Interactivties Outdoor Activity Operator 
- Celtic Events, . Outdoor Activities in the Brecon Beacons.
- Wales' capital city, Cardiff, is a place to head should the weather turn wet - good museums and a castle to explore. There are a huge variety of shops in the city centre, many of which are located in covered arcades.
- Swansea and the Swansea Bay region compliments the Breacon hills with wide, sandy beaches - also the excellent leisure center and National Waterfront Museum will keep the whole family amused.
- Llandovery is a lovely old market town on the edge of the Beacons.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|