Brecon is a market town in Powys.
Brecon is a market town in Mid- Wales. The city is small and typical of a Welsh town. The scenery near Brecon is quite stunning, including the Brecon Beacons National Park, which surrounds the town.
Nearest stations are Abergavenny, Merthyr Tydfil
There are direct bus links to Swansea and Cardiff
A470 from near Cardiff, A4067 from near Swansea
- Brecon Jazz Festival  - 10~12 August 2007
- Horse riding, Gilfach Farm, Sennybridge. Tel:+44 7899 892-582 / 636-818  Hacking and instruction on well schooled horses
- Felin Fach Griffin, Felin Fach, Brecon, ☎ +44 187 4620111 ([email protected]), . This unassuming country house is the inn that put Wales on the gourmet map..
- Cantre Selyf, 5 Lion Street. Tel:+44 1874 622-904. E-mail:[email protected]  A wonderful guest house in the center of the town. It has a homely feel but without the doilies. Double rooms are about £70 per night, including a substantial breakfast.
- Wellington Hotel, The Bulwark. Tel:+44 1874 625-225 - probably the best hotel in the centre of town. There are 19 rooms costing from £70 for a double including breakfast, and also free wireless internet access.
- Penrhos B&B, Libanus. Tel: +44 1874 623-337. E-mail:[email protected] (http://www.penrhosbandb.co.uk). Located on a peaceful smallholding in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park (grid SN978244), this 4 star B&B is within easy reach of Brecon along the A470.