Brecon is a market town in Powys.
There are direct bus links to Swansea and Cardiff
A470 from near Cardiff, A4067 from near Swansea
- Brecon Jazz Festival  - 10~12 August 2007
- Horse riding, Gilfach Farm, Sennybridge. Tel:+44 7899 892-582 / 636-818  Hacking and instruction on well schooled horses
- Felin Fach Griffin, Felin Fach, Brecon, ☎ +44 187 4620111 ([email protected]), . This unassuming country house is the inn that put Wales on the gourmet map..
- Cantre Selyf, 5 Lion Street. Tel:+44 1874 622-904. E-mail:[email protected]  A wonderful guest house in the center of the town. It has a homely feel but without the doilies. Double rooms are about £70 per night, including a substantial breakfast.
- Wellington Hotel, The Bulwark. Tel:+44 1874 625-225 - probably the best hotel in the centre of town. There are 19 rooms costing from £70 for a double including breakfast, and also free wireless internet access.