Snowboarding near Imperial Peak at Breckenridge
Breckenridge  is a ski resort and town at the northern tip of the south central region of Colorado, in the Rocky Mountains of the United States of America. It is the prototype of the Western Slope resort cities that have developed following the explosive growth of the ski industry in Colorado.
International and Domestic flights arrive at Denver International Airport(DEN) 104 miles (166km) to the east. Domestic and local flights come into the closer Eagle County Regional Airport(EGE), 63 miles (102km), and Colorado Springs Airport(COS) 110 miles (178km).
By Bus and Shuttle
- Black Diamond: Eagle-Vail Airport Transportation (EGE) and Denver Airport Transportation (DEN) to Breckenridge Resort Hotels. 24/7 Transportation Service: Shuttle, Taxi, Limo, Car Service. Call: (970) 261-6509. Visit: 
- Colorado Mountain Express  Door-to-door shuttle services from Denver International or Eagle County Airport to Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone and other resorts in the area.
- Powderhound Transportation  provides Breckenridge shuttle service. Shuttles from Eagle County Airport to Breckenridge also provided.
- Denver to Breckenridge Shuttle Service  Airport Shuttle Service from Denver to Breckenridge including Shared Ride Service & Privately Chartered Shuttles
- Breckenridge Airport Shuttle  Denver to Breckenridge Airport Shuttle service to Breckenridge, Colorado.
Breckenridge is located off Highway 9.
From Denver and areas East, take Interstate 70 west to exit 203. Continue south on HWY 9 to Breckenridge.
From Vail and areas West, take Interstate 70 east to exit 203. Continue south on HWY 9 to Breckenridge.
From Fairplay and areas South, take HWY 9 north over Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge.
- Breckenridge Free Ride, +1 970 547-3140, shuttle stops at the Ice Rink, City Market, Recreation Center, Village and Four O’ Clock Roads, Columbine and Broken Lance Drive and Peak 9. Provides transport between the free carparks.
- Summit Stage, +1 970 668-0999, . Provides Free Bus Service throughout Summit County. Check Website for current schedules.
- Fresh Tracks Transportation  Ski Shuttles to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain, and Arapahoe Basin.
- Ten Mile Range
- Historic Main Street
- Art Galleries
- Mining Ruins
- Breckenridge Terrain Park
- Imperial Express SuperChair
- Lake Dillon
- Blue River
- Mountain Top Children’s Museum
- Historic Father Dyer Church, . Established in 1880, the stain glass window of Father Dyer Skiing is worth a look. All are welcome.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, . Skiing, snowboarding and Telemark.
- Breckenridge Nordic Center, .
- Goodtimes Adventures, . Snowmobiling, snowshoeing and dog sledding.
- Breckenridge Snowmobiling Tours & Rentals, . Offers both Guided and Self-Guided Breckenridge Snowmobile Tours and Rentals.
- Ice Fishing on Lake Dillon.
- Kingdom of Breckenridge Stables, .
- Summit Huts Association, . Hut trips.
- Breckenridge Ice Arena(Indoor and Outdoor), .
- Sleigh rides
- Blue Sage Spa, .
- Avalanche Sports (Bike Rentals), .
- Breckenridge Outfitters (fly fishing), .
- Breckenridge Golf Club, .
- Hiking and Backpacking
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Jeep Tours
- Peak 8 Fun Park
- Rock Climbing
- Trekking and Orienteering
- White Water Rafting
There are many places in Breckenridge where you can rent all kinds ski and snowboard equipment. Just walking down Main street you will pass many. Your accommodation may also offer equipment or have discounts at certain stores.
Ski rental stores in Breckenridge include
- Alpine Sports
- Avalanche Sports
- Bahnhof Ski Shop Ltd
- Black Tie Ski Rentals
- Blue River Sports Ski & Snowboard Rental
- Breckenridge Sports (6 location)
- Breeze Ski Rentals
- Carvers Ski - Board & Sport
- Christy Sports
- Main Street Sports
- Norway Haus Ski Shop
- Resort Quest Ski & Sport
- Ski Country Sports
If you are not arriving by car it is often easier to rent your gear close to your hotel or even better close to the lifts as most offer over night storage. This save you the hassle of lugging your skis back to your accommodation each day.
You can also book your ski or snowboard rental online which may save you some money and less time in the rental store.
There are a number of companies in Breckenridge that offer this service; including
- Black Tie - Which also offer full delivery service to your accommodation
- Breeze Rentals
- Christy Sports
- Art Galleries
- Ski & Snowboard, Bicycle Rentals
- Avalanche Sports, .
- Sportswear, Tee Shirts, Souvenirs
- AB Ski & Sport, 829 N. Summit Blvd, ☎ 1-800-423-SKIS, . Offers rentals at an affordable price.
- Downstairs At Eric's, 111 South Main Street, 970-453-1401, .
- Breckenridge Brewery, 600 South Main St, ☎ (970) 453-1550, .
- The Fireside Inn, 114 North French St, ☎ +1-970-453-6456, . Both a B&B and hostel that offers accommodations including suites, rooms with private bathrooms, and dorm facilities with shared bathrooms. Within walking distance, or alternately a free shuttle bus ride, to the Breck Connect gondola up to Peak 7 and 8. $28-$196.
- BlueSky Breckenridge, 42 Snowflake Dr., ☎ +1-888-231-6613, . This property has one, two, three and four bedroom condominiums. Many choose BlueSky because it offers offers ski-in/ski-out accommodations, a spa and is located close to the center of town.