Breckenridge  is a ski resort and town at the northern tip of the south central region of Colorado, in the Rocky Mountains of the United States of America. It is the prototype of the Western Slope resort cities that have developed following the explosive growth of the ski industry in Colorado.
International and Domestic flights arrive at Denver International Airport(DEN) 104 miles (166km) to the east. Domestic and local flights come into the closer Eagle County Regional Airport(EGE), 63 miles (102km), and Colorado Springs Airport(COS) 110 miles (178km).
Numerous bus and shuttles are available from Denver International Airport.
Breckenridge is located off Highway 9.
From Denver and areas East, take Interstate 70 west to exit 203. Continue south on HWY 9 to Breckenridge.
From Vail and areas West, take Interstate 70 east to exit 203. Continue south on HWY 9 to Breckenridge.
From Fairplay and areas South, take HWY 9 north over Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge.
- Motion Rent A Car, +1 970 376-4885, . Provides car rental delivery to Breckenridge and Denver International Airport.
- Breckenridge Free Ride, +1 970 547-3140, shuttle stops at the Ice Rink, City Market, Recreation Center, Village and Four O’ Clock Roads, Columbine and Broken Lance Drive and Peak 9. Provides transport between the free carparks.
- Summit Stage, +1 970 668-0999, . Provides Free Bus Service throughout Summit County. Check Website for current schedules.
- Peak 1 Express, +1 970 724-7241, . Provides shuttle service between Breckenridge and Denver International Airport.
- Ten Mile Range
- Historic Main Street
- Art Galleries
- Mining Ruins
- Breckenridge Terrain Park
- Imperial Express SuperChair
- Lake Dillon
- Blue River
- Mountain Top Children’s Museum
- Historic Father Dyer Church, . Established in 1880, the stain glass window of Father Dyer Skiing is worth a look. All are welcome.
- Base Mountain Sports Ski and Snowboard Rentals 
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, . Skiing, snowboarding and Telemark.
- Breckenridge Nordic Center, .
- Goodtimes Adventures, . Snowmobiling, snowshoeing and dog sledding.
- Breckenridge Snowmobiling Tours & Rentals, . Offers both Guided and Self-Guided Breckenridge Snowmobile Tours and Rentals.
- Ice Fishing on Lake Dillon.
- Kingdom of Breckenridge Stables, .
- Summit Huts Association, . Hut trips.
- Breckenridge Ice Arena(Indoor and Outdoor), .
- Sleigh rides
- Blue Sage Spa, .
- Avalanche Sports (Bike Rentals), .
- Breckenridge Outfitters (fly fishing), .
- Breckenridge Golf Club, .
- Hiking and Backpacking
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Jeep Tours
- Peak 8 Fun Park
- Rock Climbing
- Trekking and Orienteering
- White Water Rafting 
There are many places in Breckenridge where you can rent all kinds ski and snowboard equipment. Just walking down Main street you will pass many. Your accommodation may also offer equipment or have discounts at certain stores.
Ski rental stores in Breckenridge include
- Base Mountain Sports 800-255-0159
- Alpine Sports
- Avalanche Sports
- Bahnhof Ski Shop Ltd
- Black Tie Ski Rentals
- Blue River Sports Ski & Snowboard Rental
- Breckenridge Sports (6 location)
- Breeze Ski Rentals
- Carvers Ski - Board & Sport
- Christy Sports
- Main Street Sports
- Norway Haus Ski Shop
- Resort Quest Ski & Sport
- Ski Country Sports
If you are not arriving by car it is often easier to rent your gear close to your hotel or even better close to the lifts as most offer over night storage. This save you the hassle of lugging your skis back to your accommodation each day.
You can also book your ski or snowboard rental online which may save you some money and less time in the rental store. There are a number of companies in Breckenridge that offer this service; including
- Black Tie - Which also offer full delivery service to your accommodation
- Breeze Rentals
- Christy Sports
- Breckenridge Ski Rentals Breckenridge Ski Rentals
- Art Galleries
- Ski & Snowboard, Bicycle Rentals
- Avalanche Sports, .
- Sportswear, Tee Shirts, Souvenirs
- AB Ski & Sport, 829 N. Summit Blvd, ☎ 1-800-423-SKIS, . Offers rentals at an affordable price. edit
- Great Western Lodging, 322B N. Main St., ☎ (970)453-1009, . A locally owned property management company that offers a superior selection of Breckenridge lodging including condominiums, townhomes, and luxurious private homes. edit
- The Fireside Inn, 114 North French St, ☎ +1-970-453-6456, . Both a B&B and hostel that offers accommodations including suites, rooms with private bathrooms, and dorm facilities with shared bathrooms. Within walking distance, or alternately a free shuttle bus ride, to the Breck Connect gondola up to Peak 7 and 8. $28-$196. edit
- BlueSky Breckenridge, 42 Snowflake Dr., ☎ +1-888-231-6613, . This property has one, two, three and four bedroom condominiums. Many choose BlueSky because it offers offers ski-in/ski-out accommodations, a spa and is located close to the center of town. edit
- Majestic Breckenridge Lodging, 314 N French St, ☎ (970)406-8165, . A family owned property rental company that specializes in vacation homes and condos. They offer ski-in ski-out lodging. (39.485991,-106.044604) edit
- Visit Colorado's Wine Country. Northwestern Colorado is home to over 70 wineries and its own indigenous vineyards. Wine lovers can enjoy several scenic day trips from Breckenridge to many of the small towns that grow their own grapes. These lovely little communities include Montrose, Palisade, Paonia, Hotchkiss, as well as the city of Grand Junction.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|