- See Boulder for the city in Colorado.
Hoover Dam seen from the southern (Arizona) side
Boulder City is a city in Southern Nevada, originally built for construction workers of the nearby Hoover Dam.
US Route 93 connects Las Vegas to Kingman (Arizona) via Boulder City.
- Hoover Dam, Route 93, east of Boulder City, . Daily 9 AM-6 PM. Straddling the Colorado River between Nevada and Arizona, this was the world's largest dam when completed in 1935, and instrumental in generating power and providing irrigation via Lake Mead, which was created behind the dam. The visitor center is no longer free and costs $8 per person (adults/seniors/military/children) if no tour is desired, however a vistor center entrance plus a "powerplant tour" costs slightly more (Adults $11 seniors/children $9). Another option is to take the "Hoover dam tour", which costs $30 per person, and this allows a more in depth tour. Parking $7,.
- Boulder City /Hoover Dam Museum, 1305 Arizona Street, ☎ +1 702 294-1988 (fax: +1 702 294-4380), . M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su 12-5PM; Closed: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Tells the story of the construction of the Hoover Dam and origins of Boulder City.
- Skydive Las Vegas, (at the Boulder City airport). offers the chance to jump out of a perfectly good airplane and get a great view of Lake Mead at the same time.
- The popular Nevadan pastime of gambling is not allowed in Boulder City, but two casinos are located at the edges of town just outside the city limits, Railroad Pass to the west and the Hacienda to the east. Railroad Pass (opened 1931) is the oldest casino in Clark County.
- Ride the Train - Travel by railroad aboard the Nevada Southern Railway. Scenic railroad operates between Boulder City and Railroad Pass aboard restored 1911 era passenger cars. Air conditioned in summer, heated in winter. Operates Sat-Sun year round. Engineer for an hour allows you to be your own engineer or rent the entire train for a birthday or wedding. Nevada State Railroad Museum, 600 Yucca Street, Boulder City, Nevada 89006. 702-486-5933 
Alcohol was banned until 1969, but is now available..
- Best Western Lighthouse Inn - 110 Ville Drive, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-6444
- Boulder Dam Hotel, 1305 Arizona Street, ☎ +1 702 293-3510 ([email protected], fax: +1 702 293-3093), . Wireless internet access, Cable/satellite TV, Complimentary breakfast, Coffee & tea in the lobby, In room air purification, Free local calls, Complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, extra towels/bedding, iron/ironing board, Clock radio and wake-up calls, Cribs on request $75-115.
- Desert Inn of Boulder City - 800 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-2827
- El Rancho Boulder Motel - 725 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-1085
- Lake Mead Resort & Marina - 322 Lakeshore Road, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-2074
- Nevada Inn - 1009 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-2044
- Sands Motel of Boulder City - 809 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-2589
- Starview Motel of Boulder City - 1017 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 293-1658
- Super 8 Motel - 704 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 294-8888 Toll Free:(800) 800-8000 Fax:(702) 293-4344
- Western Inn - 921 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005. (702) 294-0393
- Courtyard Boulder, 4710 Pearl East Circle, ☎ 3034404700, . Located near Pearl Street, near many Boulder, Colorado restaurants and shops, our Courtyard Boulder hotel by Marriott is close to many attractions, like the University of Colorado, with its Mackey Auditorium and Fiske Planetarium, the Boulder Flatirons and historical Chautauqua Park, or Chautauqua Auditorium where the Colorado Symphony plays. Also six miles from the Boulder Flatirons and near restaurant row - Pearl Street. $139-$159.