The location of the Cheers bar, formerly Bull and Finch pub that inspired the television show.
One of Boston's most historic and beautiful neighborhoods, Beacon Hill  is geographically demarcated by Cambridge Street to the North, Beacon Street to the South, Storrow Drive to the West, and Bowdoin Street to the East. The neighborhood is mostly residential, comprised of numerous red brick townhouses and close proximity to three of Boston's largest public spaces--the Public Gardens, the Boston Commons, and the park space that runs along the Charles river.
Charles-MGH (Red Line) and Bowdoin (Blue Line) stations are located at the northwest and northeast corners of the neighborhood. Park Street station (Red and Green Lines) is just to the southeast. Bowdoin Station is not open at all times: it is only open Monday through Friday from 5:15 AM to 6:30 PM, excluding holidays.
Cambridge St. is accessible via the Government Center exit of Storrow Drive.
- Rose Nichols House Museum, 55 Mount Vernon Street, ☎ +1-617-227-6993 ([email protected], fax: +1-617-723-8026), . Admission: Adults: $7, Children under 12: Free.
- The African Meeting House, .
- The Hampshire House/Cheers Beacon Hill, See details under the Drink section.
- Boston By Foot  - Guided walking tours highlighting the architecture and history of Boston. The Beacon Hill tour includes the State House, Louisburg Square and the works of Charles Bulfinch.
- Charles Street is lined with numerous antique stores and boutiques.
The western end of Beacon Hill, otherwise know as the "flat" of Beacon Hill, is crossed by Charles St., home to numerous antique stores, restaurants, and bars. Cambridge Street to the north is less quaint, more urban, and also home to numerous bars and restaurants. Bordering Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge Street in large part caters to the employees of this hospital and the large number of students and young professionals that work in this area.
- Beacon Hill Bistro, 25 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-723-7525, . Outstanding neighborhood French bistro
- King and I, 145 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-742-3447. A consistent winner of the Best of Boston award for the best Thai food.
- Figs, 42 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-742-3447. Todd English's second restaurant of this name.
- The Paramount, 44 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-720-1152. A local, cafeteria style "joint" with great breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Artu, 89 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-227-9023. Wonderful Italian restaurant offering everything from lasagna to rotisseried chicken.
- The Upper Crust Pizzeria, 20 Charles Street, ☎ +1-(617)-723-9600 ([email protected], fax: +1-(617)-723-6685), . Sun. - Wed.: 11:30AM - 10PM. Thurs. - Sat.: 11:30 AM - 10:30PM. The Upper Crust is a small pizzeria tucked away on Charles Street. While, the restaurant does have a few tables, the room can be very cramped if all the tables are used. To order walk up to the counter and tell them what you'd like and they'll call you when your food is ready. If you visit on a warm and sunny day consider taking your food to-go and eat in the Public Park.
- No.9 Park, 9 Park St. (Next to Boston Common just in front of the State House), +1 617-742-9991, . The flagship restaurant of Barbara Lynch (she also operates the B&G Oyster Co. and The Butcher Shop in South End) and one of the most acclaimed restaurant in Boston. Choose from an a la carte menu or order a multi-course tasting menu.
Inside Cheers Beacon Hill. Note that the layout is not the same layout the Cheers
show set used.
- Cheers Beacon Hill, 84 Beacon Street (T: Park Street), ☎ +1-617-227-9605, . 11:00 - 02:00 (Food is served until 11:45PM nightly).. The inspiration for the famous TV show lies on the border of Downtown Boston and Beacon Hill. After visiting the bar and talking with bartender Eddie Doyle Cheers producers decided to base the television show off of the Finch & Bull Pub in Boston. If you want Eddie Doyle, the man who helped to inspire the show, make you a drink he bartends Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning and has been working for the bar for over 30 years.
- Starbucks, 97 Charles Street, ☎ +1-617-227-3812, .
- Starbucks, 1 Charles Street, ☎ +1-617-742-2664, .
- John Jeffries House, 14 David G. Mugar Way, ☎ +1 617-367-1866 (fax: +1 617-742 0313), .
- The Charles Street Inn, 94 Charles Street, ☎ +1-617-314-8900, .
- Holiday Inn Boston at Beacon Hill, 5 Blossom Street (T: Charles-MGH or Bowdoin), ☎ ''+1'' 617-742-7630, . Good location overlooking the Charles River at the foot of Beacon Hill. Hotel completed multi million dollar renovation. Near Massachusetts General Hospital. Provides free wi-fi.
- Liberty Hotel, 215 Charles Street (T: Charles-MGH), ☎ 617-224-4000, . Located in the Beacon Hill neighborhood by the Charles River and its Esplanade. On a bizarre side note, the hotel occupies a former prison that once held former mayor James Michael Curley (imprisoned in 1904 for fraud), Frank Abagnale, Jr. (portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can) and a Nazi U-Boat captain captured in 1945 who later committed suicide.