Bontoc is a city in Mountain Province.
Bontoc is a gateway to up north and to other prime locations such as Banaue and Sagada. Its a small town which is easy to figure out and walk around. It does smell bad in some areas most likely do to the cooking of dog meat.
Its very easy just to walk around the main street and find everything you need. Tricycles here are cheap and I have never had a hassle paying the local rate.
- Bontoc Museum. Bontoc museum is a must see if your only stopping briefly into town. Its has many great pictures and artifacts from the Kalinga tribes.
- Francis Pain (Local Guide), Churya-a Hotel, ☎ 09157690843. Francis is a great guide who knows 13 local dialects, he will take you up from Bontoc to the Kalinga tribes. I recommend checking out Buscalan where you can see Whang Od perform traditional tattoos as well as other very remote villages.
- Cable Cafe, (right beside cable tours). This is your really only option for drinking in town. It has some great live music there and has a friendly atmosphere.
- Churya-a Hotel & Restaurant. One of the best places for a budget traveller and also has a great food menu.
- Bontoc Hotel, ☎ 09187460044.