BontocEarth : Asia : Southeast Asia : Philippines : Luzon : Cordillera Administrative Region : Mountain Province : Bontoc
- From Baguio:
GL Lizardo Trans departs 8am, 10am & 2:30pm from Governor pck Rd. Baguio City, 220 Pesos D'Rising Sun Buses departs 5am-1pm from Slaughter House Compound, Baguio City, 220 Pesos
- From Manila:
Cabletours, departs 8:30 pm. The bus terminal is inside the Trinity University of Asia Campus at E. Rodriguez Ave. Cubao, Quezon City, 600 Pesos
- From Banaue:
Jeepneys depart from the market, ₱150, 1 hour 45 minutes. Scenic ride over the mountains with spectacular views - sit on the roof if you're brave enough!
- From llocos Sur (Vigan, San Fernando (La Union)):
Get off any bus between Vigan and San Fernando (La Union) at Bitalag, which is a few kilometres north of Tagudin. As you approach Bitalog you will seen a road sign for a turnoff to Bessang Pass. Take a minivan from Bitalag to Cervantes (₱150, 2 hours). These first start departing between 7 to 8 am The minivans run roughly every three hours until 5 pm, but this strongly depends on the number of people travelling. The minivans are located on the other side of the T-junction beside the New Crossing hardware shop. There are public restrooms at Bitalag. The route takes you on a winding picturesque road (subject to landslides) through the Bessang Pass National Park. From Cervantes take a minivan or jeepney (which passes over the Alulung Bridge which opened in March 2013, 35 years after construction commenced) either direct to Bontoc or there is no direct service then to Bauko (₱70, 1 hour) and then another from there to Bontoc (₱50, 1 hour). Another route between Cervantes and Bontoc is via Abatan, but this is longer. If you are going onto Sagada, ask the driver as you approach Bontoc to let you off at the turn-off to Sagada and flag down a Sagada bound jeepney. This avoids going all the way into Bontoc.
Its very easy just to walk around the main street and find everything you need. Tricycles here are cheap and I have never had a hassle paying the local rate.
- Maligcong Rice Terraces. The jeepneys to Maligcong leave in front of Pines Kitchenette and Inn. Official schedule is 8am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm to Maligcong and 6:30am, 8am, 9am, 2pm and 4pm to Bontoc but sometimes it leaves 15 minutes earlier. It costs PHP 20 and takes 30 minutes to get there. There is an entrance fee of PHP 20. The terraces start at the jeepney final stop. They are easier to explore than Batad and there are less steps to climb and there is a concrete path to the village. Reserve 2-3 hours to see it. The way back can be walked in 1.5 hours. edit
Sagada weaving products and other cordillera souvenirs at the mountain outlet store. Above the market square, behind the landbank in the multipurpose building.
- Etag. dried salted meat edit
- dog meat. yeah they serve dog menus in some of the karinderias there edit
- Arik restaurant & snackhaus. BEST PANCAKES in cordillera, Php 15 with butter and sweeten condensed milk, brewed coffee Php 10. green building on the second floor at the very end of town, on the left hand side, past the market, past the mountain provenience college, next to where the Jeepney's leave for Kalinga. edit
- HABAWEL koykeis lechon manok, Bontoc Poblacion. edit
- HABAWEL AGRIVET (AND GENERAL MERCHANDISE), Bontoc Poblacion (just across SUMMIT BANK). KOYKEIS LECHON MANOK edit
- Cable Cafe, (right beside cable tours). This is your really only option for drinking in town. It has some great live music there and has a friendly atmosphere. edit
- Central Point, Samoki. The only bar I saw which I can say is the classiest in town... edit
- Kidlaa Hotel and Restaurant, Samoki. a pretty decent bar with live bands. edit
- Midtown resto, Poblacion bontoc mountain province (From the market, you can see a restaurant painted yellow). delicious and satisfying food.. If you prefer to relax, enjoy and take your time, there is the midtown extension that offes cozzy and relaxing ambiance edit
- Churya-a Hotel & Restaurant. One of the best places for a budget traveller and also has a great food menu. edit
- Bontoc Hotel, ☎ 09071700470. edit
- Ridge Brook, Samoki, Bontoc, Mountain Province, ☎ 09301411350. checkin: 6:00 AM; checkout: 12 noon. Ridgebrooke Hotel is your home away from home. edit
- ARCHOG HOTEL AND RESTAURANT, Samoki. checkin: 2; checkout: 12. i believe to be the cleanest and most class hotel in bontoc yet very affordable price, plus the service crew is friendly, they also has great food. edit
Mountain hotel: next to the tourist office. cheap and basic, single Php 120, double Php 240 (shared bathroom) no power outlets but will charge anything for free. close to d'rising bus stop to Baguio (departs regularly from 5am-4pm) Bold text
- llocos Sur (Vigan, San Fernando (La Union)): Take a minivan or jeepney (say the 7:30 am) to Bontoc (₱50, 1 hour) and from there take a minivan (say the 9:30 am) to Cervantes (₱50, 1 hour) where you can catch a minivan (say the 2 pm departure) over the Bessang Pass to Bitalag (₱150, 2 hours) on the llocos highway where you can catch a Partas or Dominion bus north to Vigan (₱179, 2 hours) or south to San Fernando (La Union).
- Sagada: There are regular jeepneys to Sagada, ₱50, 50 minutes.
- Baguio: Lizardo Trans (also known as GL Trans), have buses to Baguio at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2:30pm (March 2014). Fare is ₱220 and the journey takes 5.5 to 6.5 hours. The route over the mountains offers some spectacular views and passes the highest point in the Philippine highway system. D'Rising Sun bus company also run regular buses to Baguio.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|